Malcolm John Edwards (born 1949) is a British editor and critic in the science fiction field. He received his degree from the University of Cambridge. He is currently Deputy CEO at the Orion Publishing Group. Edwards resides in London with his wife, the CEO of a public relations company. He has three children.
Edwards has edited a number of publications including: Vector, the critical journal of the British Science Fiction Association, (from 1972 to 1974), and the science fiction anthology Constellations (Gollancz, 1980). He served as science fiction editor for Victor Gollancz Ltd, which later led to him launching the SF Masterworks series at Orion in 1999.
Edwards was at one time highly active in Science fiction fandom. When he first began contributing to British science fiction fanzines, he was initially confused with "Malcolm Edwards", a pseudonym used several years earlier by Peter Weston. He was Director of the Science Fiction Foundation for much of the two decades it was at the North East London Polytechnic. He also served as initial Chairman of the 45th World Science Fiction Convention. He will be a Guest of Honour at Loncon 3, the 72nd World Science Fiction Convention, from 14 to 18 August 2014.
- 1976-1989 Gollancz, started as staff copy-editor, ended as Publishing Director
- 1989-1991 Grafton, Publishing Director
- 1991-1997 HarperCollins Trade Division, Publishing Director, then Deputy Managing Director
- 1998-date Orion Books, first as Managing Director of Orion Books, Deputy Chief Executive and Group Publisher since September 2003
As editor, Malcolm Edwards has worked with J.G. Ballard (he edited Empire of the Sun), Tom Clancy, Philip K. Dick, Stephen King, William Gibson, Robert Ludlum, James Patterson, Robert Holdstock, Terry Pratchett and many others.
- 1996 British Book Awards: Imprint & Editor of the Year 
- 1983 BSFA Awards: Best Short Fiction (After Images) 
- The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction page 371
- 2005 Locus interview with Malcolm Edwards
- Orion Announces New Role For Edwards And New MD For Orion Books (April 25th, 2005)
- Malcolm Edwards at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- a 1986 appreciation of Malcolm Edwards by David Langford
- William Gibson
- MIPCOM - International marketplace for entertainment content
- British Book Awards page.
|This science fiction–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|