Malcolm Ross (courtier)
Sir Walter Hugh Malcolm Ross
|Extra Equerry to the Queen|
|Master of the Household to the Prince of wales|
|Preceded by||Kevin Knott|
|Succeeded by||Richard Pattle|
|Comptroller of the Lord Chamberlain's Office|
|Succeeded by||Sir Andrew Ford|
|Born||27 October 1943|
|Years of service||British Army|
Lieutenant-Colonel Sir Walter Hugh Malcolm Ross GCVO OBE (born 27 October 1943), is a member of the Royal Household of the Sovereign of the United Kingdom, and since 2006 of the household of Prince Charles.
Ross was educated at Eton and Sandhurst. He served in the Scots Guards from 1964 to 1987, holding the posts of Adjutant at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst 1977–1979, and reaching the rank of Lieutenant-Colonel in 1982.
Ross joined the Royal Household in 1987 as Assistant Comptroller of the Lord Chamberlain's Office and Management Auditor. In 1989 he ceased to be Management Auditor, but remained as Assistant Comptroller until 1990. From 1989 to 1990 he was Secretary of the Central Chancery of the Orders of Knighthood.
- "Debretts". Retrieved 2013-04-10.
- Prince Of Wales.gov. "Sir Malcolm Ross is appointed Master of the Household". PrinceOfWales.gov.uk (28 October 2005). Retrieved 2007-05-23.
- No. 10 Downing Street. "Sir Malcolm Ross - Profile". Number-10.gov.uk (3 March 2006). Retrieved 2007-05-23.
- Elizabeth Judge. "Sir Malcolm Ross". The Times (14 May 2007) (London). Retrieved 2007-05-22.[dead link]
- "Westminster Group Plc Board Members". Westminster Group Plc website. Retrieved 2007-06-18.
Sir Norman Arthur
|Lord Lieutenant of Kirkcudbright