|No. 45 San Jose SaberCats|
|Date of birth:||February 13, 1988|
|Place of birth:||Augusta, Georgia|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||280 lb (127 kg)|
|Roster status:||League suspension|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career NFL statistics as of Week 15, 2011
|Stats at NFL.com|
Malcolm Sheppard (born February 13, 1988) is an American football defensive tackle who is currently a member of the San Jose SaberCats of the Arena Football League (AFL). He was signed by the Houston Texans as an undrafted free agent in 2010. He played college football at Arkansas.
Sheppard has also played for the Tennessee Titans.
Sheppard started the first four games at defensive tackle in 2007 for the Arkansas Razorbacks, but started for the last eight games of the season at his normal position of defensive end. He made 42 tackles, 0.5 sacks, and 10.5 tackles-for-loss in 2007. He moved from defensive end to defensive tackle in the 2008 offseason. Sheppard was named Razorbacks defensive player of the year in 2008 after he made 7.5 sacks, the most by a defensive lineman in the Southeastern Conference. He earned second-team preseason All-SEC honors following the 2008 season. In 2009, head coach Bobby Petrino named Sheppard a team captain.
Sheppard was signed by the Houston Texans as an undrafted free agent following the 2010 NFL Draft on May 7, 2010. He was waived during final cuts on September 3, but was re-signed to the team's practice squad on September 5. He was promoted to the active roster on October 25 to play in the week 8 game against the Indianapolis Colts, but was inactive for the following four weeks before he was waived on November 30. He was re-signed to the team's practice squad on December 7.
San Jose SaberCats
Sheppard nearly lost his left eye when he was seven years old after his brother, Zenard, accidentally shot him with a wooden arrow. He now sees out of his right eye only due to the blurriness of the left.
- Abrams, Alex (April 13, 2008). "Left Eye’s No Handicap For Sheppard". scout.com. Retrieved 2010-11-23.
- Crine, Joe (July 21, 2009). "Sheppard honors keep coming". The Post-Searchlight. Retrieved 2010-11-23.
- "Houston signs Bainbridge’s Sheppard to practice squad; Dolphins cut ex-Miller star Grant". Albany Herald. September 11, 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-23.
- Scurfield, Nick (November 30, 2010). "Texans active Hill, waive Sheppard". houstontexans.com. Retrieved 2010-11-30.
- Smith, Michael David (December 7, 2010). "Texans juggle roster, sign Quintin Demps". profootballtalk.com. Retrieved 2010-12-07.
- "Titans place Amano on IR". Miami Herald. December 14, 2010. Retrieved 2010-12-14.