Lead vocalist Dale Butler (left) with a fan
|Origin||Reading, Berkshire, England|
|Genres||Thrash metal, death metal,
|Labels||Anticulture Records 2007 - 2008
Metal Blade Records 2008 - 2012
Transcend Music 2012 -
|Past members||Craig Fenner
They were formed by friends at college (The original members consisted of Dale Butler, Alex Vuskans, Craig Thomas and Craig Fenner) and started to write their songs straight away. Their first major break was to open a four band bill charity gig at the Rivermead Centre in Reading. From then on their fanbase began to grow. Through constant touring around Reading and London, they managed to get a distribution deal for their first EP 'Relentless' through Hangman's joke.
Then in early 2007 they signed to Anticulture Records. They then recorded their debut album 'Entities' under the production team of Dan Weller and Justin Hill of WellerHill at Craig's parents home in South Wales. The album has been highly praised by the British Metal Press. The band recently announced their amicable split from the Anticulture label via their Myspace page.
In June 2008, Malefice opened the second stage of the prestigious Download Festival on the Saturday.
November 2008, Malefice announced through their Myspace page that they had signed a worldwide deal with Metal Blade Records. In February 2009 they released their second album Dawn of Reprisal. On 12 September, they played at Butserfest alongside Go:Audio and We Are the Ocean.
In March 2010 the band featured on the BBC TV show "The Bubble". Host David Mitchell (known for his disinterest in all forms of music) jokingly declared them his "favourite band". The following month it was announced that drummer Craig Thomas had left the band, to be replaced by Chris Allan-Whyte. Following this Malefice also played on the Jager stage at Sonisphere UK, playing a 30 minute set on Saturday evening. In 2012 they recorded a song with Everton goalkeeper Marcus Hahnemann for the Jägermeister UK "Ice Cold Session", titled Omega and released on 1 February 2012.
In June 2012, the band signed to Transcend Music.
- Dale Butler – vocals (2003–present)
- Ben Symons – guitar (2003–present)
- Tom Hynes – bass (2006–present)
- Andrew Wilson – guitar (2011–present)
- James Cook – drums (2014–present)
- Lloyd Griffiths – bass (2003–2006)
- Craig Thomas – drums (2003–2010)
- Alex Vuskans – guitar(2003–2011)
- Chris Allan-Whyte – drums (2010–2014)
Studio albums and EPs
- 2006 - Relentless (Hangmans Joke)
- 2007 - Entities (Anticulture Records)
- 2009 - Dawn of Reprisal (Metal Blade Records)
- 2011 - Awaken the Tides (Metal Blade Records)
- 2013 - Five (Transcend Music)
- 2006 - "The Force That You Fear"
- 2007 - "Risen Through the Ashes"
- 2009 - "An Architect of Your Demise"
- 2011 - "Awaken the Tides"
- 2012 - "Omega" (feat. Marcus Hahnemann)
- 2013 - "V"
- 2013 - "Blueprints"
- 2014 - "Heroes"
- Prato, Greg. "Dawn of Reprisal review". Allmusic. Retrieved 2009-11-27.
- Sharpe-Young, Garry. "Malefice". MusicMight. Retrieved 2009-11-27.
- "Peepshow's Mitchell and Webb let us in on a few secrets". The Mail on Sunday. 2007-05-05. Retrieved 2007-05-13.
- "MALEFICE announce new drummer". Rock Sins. 28 April 2010. Retrieved 28 April 2010.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- Malefice Reveals New Album "Awaken The Tides" Details
- MALEFICE REVEAL DETAILS & ARTWORK FOR NEW ALBUM