||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011)|
Malene Winter Mortensen (born May 23, 1982) is a Danish singer. She made her entrance into the Danish music scene in 2001, during the first season of "Stjerne for en aften", the Danish edition of Star for a Night. She made it to the finals, with her rendition of Moloko's "Sing it back". The following year, she entered the Dansk Melodi Grand Prix, the Danish national pre-selection for the Eurovision Song Contest.
Although her song "Vis mig hvem du er" performed strongly in the national final, receiving top marks from all televoting regions, it was a full-scale failure at the Eurovision Song Contest 2002, in its English version, "Tell Me Who You Are". Her song received a mere seven points, placing her last amongst the 24 participating countries.
The unforeseen Eurovision outcome was a blow to her previous achievements, but it did not make her give up her musical career. In 2003 she released her debut album called "Paradise". This album, revolving around modern jazz, was supported by three of Denmark's best known jazz musicians: Niels Lan Doky (piano), Niels-Henning Ørsted Pedersen (bass) and Alex Riel (drums).
- Paradise (2003)
- Date With A Dream (2005)
- Malene (2006)
- Desperado (2007)
- To All Of You (Christmas Album) (2007) 
- Agony & Ecstasy (2009)
- You Go To My Head (2012) 
- Still Loving You (2012) (Cover album that released only in Thailand by Hitman Jazz label) 
- Bohlman, Philip V. (2004). The music of European nationalism. Santa Barbara, Calif.: ABC-CLIO. p. 2. ISBN 978-1-57607-270-7. Retrieved 6 February 2011.
- "Eurovision Song Contest 2002". European Broadcasting Union. Retrieved 6 February 2011.
- Official Malene Mortensen Homepage in Danish and English
- Official Facebook Page
- Official Twitter Page
Rollo & King
with Never Ever Let You Go
|Denmark in the Eurovision Song Contest
with Shame on You