Malibu's Most Wanted
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012)|
|Malibu's Most Wanted|
The movie poster for Malibu's Most Wanted
|Directed by||John Whitesell|
|Produced by||Fax Bahr
|Written by||Fax Bahr
Damien Dante Wayans
|Music by||John Debney
John Van Tongeren
|Editing by||Cara Silverman|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. Pictures|
|Release date(s)||April 18, 2003|
|Running time||86 min.|
Malibu's Most Wanted is a 2003 comedy film written by and starring Jamie Kennedy and co-starring Taye Diggs, Anthony Anderson, Blair Underwood, Regina Hall, Damien Dante Wayans, Ryan O'Neal and Snoop Dogg. The film is written by the creators of MADtv, Fax Bahr and Adam Small, who also serve as producers.
The character of "B-Rad" originally appeared in Jamie Kennedy's hidden camera show The Jamie Kennedy Experiment, but started in his stand-up routine when he was starting out. The film was given a PG-13 rating by the MPAA. In order to keep the rating, the film's end-credits were edited to prevent the movie from receiving a R rating.
The film centers on the family life of Bill Gluckman, a wealthy Jewish senator from Malibu, California who is running for the office of Governor of California. His son Brad is a wannabe "Eminem", preferring to go by the nickname "B-Rad" despite leading a rich, sheltered life. As a result, members of Mr. Gluckman's political campaign become concerned that Brad's idiotic, outlandish behavior will ruin his father's chances at being elected.
The campaign team members hire two actors, who don't know any more about inner-city life than B-Rad, to act as gang members, kidnap him, and take him to South Central Los Angeles where they hope Brad will be "scared white" after witnessing what inner city life is really like. Unfortunately for everyone involved, the plan backfires after Brad attempts to associate himself with members of the gang community and subsequently gets himself and the actors, Sean and PJ, hired to guide him into trouble.
- Brad "B-Rad G" Gluckman is a wealthy, Jewish teenager, played by Jamie Kennedy, who believes he is going to be the next Eminem. He talks, dresses, and attempts to rap just like people that live in the "hood". He is the protagonist of the film.
- Sean "Bloodbath" played by Taye Diggs, is an actor that attended the exclusive Juilliard with PJ. Bill Gluckman assigns him the task of scaring his son back to "white".
- PJ "Tree" played by Anthony Anderson, is just as "white" as Sean, yet PJ has a connection to the "hood" through his cousin, Shondra. He pays her to take part in this scheme they perform on B-Rad.
- Shondra played by Regina Hall is PJ's cousin,who brings her into the scheme with Brad Gluckman. B-Rad gets a massive crush the minute he lays eyes on her and vice versa.
|Blair Underwood||Tom Gibbons|
|Damien Dante Wayans||Tec|
|Ryan O'Neal||Bill Gluckman|
|Bo Derek||Bess Gluckman|
|Jeffrey Tambor||Dr. Feldman|
|J. P. Manoux||Gary|
|Terry Crews||8 Ball|
- Snoop Dogg (voice of rat)
- Mike Epps (DJ at club)
- Felli Fel
- Young Dre The Truth
- Drop da Bomb
- Hal Fishman
- Big Boy
DVD Release 
Malibu's Most Wanted was released to theaters on April 18th, 2003. 
See also 
- "Malibu's Most Wanted (2003)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2012-03-01.