|Directed by||Andy Sidaris|
|Produced by||Andy Sidaris|
|Written by||Andy Sidaris|
|Music by||Henry Strzelecki|
|Edited by||Craig Stewart
|Malibu Bay Films|
|Distributed by||Universal Studios|
|Release date(s)||March 1985|
|Running time||105 mins|
Malibu Express is a 1985 action/adventure film starring Darby Hinton, Sybil Danning, Lori Sutton and Art Metrano. It was directed, written, and produced by Andy Sidaris. The film features 80's Playboy Playmates Kimberly McArthur, Barbara Edwards, Lorraine Michaels, and Lynda Wiesmeier in its cast as well. In it, Danning "cinched her image as B-budget bad girl". Regis and Joy Philbin cameo as talk show hosts.
Espionage threatens the security of American Computer Technology and a skirt-chasing private investigator is coerced by the Feds to root out the spies among the rich, over-sexed socialites unknowingly supporting them.
A wealthy playboy/private-investigator named Cody Abilene is hired by a Government Intelligence Operative to investigate a lead into who is selling computer technology to the Russians. While investigating rich socialites, amorous naked vixens, an ex-con with a penchant for blackmail, and keeping it all from his sexy lady cop friend Beverly Mcafee, Cody puts himself in the crosshairs of the traitorous tech-spies who will gladly kill to stay in business. The scope of the conspiracy is revealed after Cody and Beverly make love at a suspect's beachhouse, only to find a pair of hitmen gunning for them as they get dressed. Gunplay, car chases and races ensue.
Malibu Express is described as a "routine erotic spy tale" by Eleanor Mannikka of All Movie Guide. The Video Movie Guide 2001 rated the movie with a single "turkey", amazed that the movie got an "R" rating, "since it's clearly soft porn." TV Guide gave the film two stars. Barbara Edwards' appearance in the hero's shower is cited as "one of the hottest topless lesbian shower scenes in the long and hot tradition of lesbian shower scenes."
- Beverly Hills
- Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles
- Willow Springs Raceway (north of Los Angeles)
- Mojave Desert
The film was first released in March 1985, then on DVD in 2002. It then appeared in two DVD collections, Andy Sidaris Collection, Vol. 1 (of 6 discs) in 2003, and Triple B Collection, Vol. 1 in 2005.
The Triple B Series by Andy Sidaris
- 1. Malibu Express (1985)
- 2. Hard Ticket to Hawaii (1987)
- 3. Picasso Trigger (1988)
- 4. Savage Beach (1989)
- 5. Guns (1990)
- 6. Do or Die (1991)
- 7. Hard Hunted (1992)
- 8. Fit to Kill (1993)
- 9. Enemy Gold (1993)
- 10. The Dallas Connection (1994)
- 11. Day of the Warrior (1996)
- 12. Return to Savage Beach (1998)
- Brode, Douglas (2003). Boys and toys: ultimate action-adventure movies, Volume 2002. Citadel. p. 194. ISBN 978-0-8065-2381-1.
- Tracy, Kathleen (2001). Regis Philbin - The Unauthorized Biography. ECW Press. p. 69. ISBN 978-1-55022-439-9. Retrieved 17 July 2010.
- "Malibu Express". allmovie.com. All Movie Guide. Retrieved 17 July 2010.
- Martin, Mick; Porter, Marsha (2000). Video Movie Guide 2001. Ballantine Books. p. 677. ISBN 978-0-345-42095-4. Retrieved 17 July 2010.
- TV Guide v. 40, pg. 522. Triangle Publications (1992). 1992. Retrieved 17 July 2010.
- Mr. Skin (2004). Mr. Skin's Skincyclopedia: The A-to-Z Guide to Finding Your Favorite Actresses Naked. St. Martin's Griffin. p. 163. ISBN 978-0-312-33144-3. Retrieved 17 July 2010.
- Dollar, Rob (July 7, 1984). "Former resident immortalizes Cerulean Springs in new film". Kentucky New Era. p. 1A. Article written during production, quoting co-producer Bill Pryor.
- "Malibu Express DVD releases". allmovie.com. All Movie Guide. Retrieved 17 July 2010.