|Malik Riaz Hussain Awan|
8 February 1954 |
|Occupation||Chairman Bahria Town|
|Net worth||USD $1 billion(2011)|
|Spouse(s)||Beena Riaz Awan|
|Children||Four daughters and one son, Ali Riaz Awan (CEO of Bahria Town)|
Due to his private nature of his assets Hussain's net worth has been subject to several estimations, these put his assets between $2 billion and $10 billion, which makes him one of Pakistan's wealthiest people. Hussain was born into a family of modest means, and was often troubled financially. He started working as a clerk at the age of 19 and eventually launched his own business, after borrowing a mere Rs 1500.00 (the equivalent of US $ 14.00). He became a contractor during the 1980s.
Hussain's success has invited many speculations and controversies; these have made Hussain one of Pakistan's most public and debated figures. Hussain has made significant contributions towards philanthropy, be it in constructing hospitals or houses.
- Bahria Town Karachi: Projects received overwhelming response
- Housing projects: Real estate sector sees potential recovery
- "12th Richest person of Pakistan". Pakistan Today. June 13, 2012. Retrieved June 14, 2012.
- Profile: Malik Riaz Hussain DAWN.COM
- Malik Riaz offers to reconstruct homes destroyed in earthquake
- Malik Riaz inks $20bn deal with US business tycoon
|This business-related Pakistani biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|