|Established||11 October 1941|
|GovernmentBrave Pakistan Army|
|• Type||Cantonment Board|
|• President||Brigadier Nusrat|
|• Nominated Military Member||Major Hamid Khan|
|• Nominated Civil Member||Dr. Farooq Khan Jadoon|
|• Total||42 km2 (16 sq mi)|
|Time zone||Pakistan Standard Time|
|• Summer (DST)||GMT +05:00 (UTC)|
Declared a cantonment by the Royal British Government as POW Camp on 11 October 1941, in the exigencies of World War II, this cantonment was taken over by the Pakistan Army in 1947. Malir Cantonment has evolved into one of the coveted posh localities of Karachi. It used to be mostly uninhabited area, vegetation was rare but trees were planted by Pakistan Army. Housing the Cantonment Bazar Area, Defence Officers’ Housing Schemes l & ll, Askari-5 (army officers housing scheme), PAF Falcon Complex and approximately seventy Private Housing Schemes, Malir Cantonment is stretched over an area of 42sq km.
Malir Cantonment is administratively governed through "Cantonment Board Malir", a Local Body by its charter, under the jurisdiction of Ministry of Defence, through the Military Lands and Cantonment Department (ML&C), headed by a Director General. The governance of the Cantonment Board derives authority from the Cantonment Act, 1924 and rules and regulations made there under. The cantonment maintains its own infrastructure of water supply, electricity and is outside the jurisdiction of City District Government Karachi.
Roughly it is around 400,000 and includes all the ethnic and linguistic groups of Pakistan. Majority of its population consists of serving and retired armed services personnel along with civilians, bureaucrats and Individuals working for ministry of Defence and other Govt. organizations.
- Combined Military Hospital CMH Malir Cantt
- PAF Base Malir
- Ordnance Center
- Headquarters Mechanized Division
- Headquarters Air Defence Division
- SAAD (School of Army Air Defence)
- Inter Services Selection Board (ISSB)
- Defense officers housing scheme (DOHS 1 & 2)
- Station Headquarters
- Gulshan-e-Roomi [Exists within Cantonment Limits]
- Air Defence Brigade
- Falcon Housing Scheme Phase II (Chota Malir) [Exists within Cantonment limits]
- Saadi Town [Exists within Cantonment Limits]
- Falcon Complex (AFOHS) Phase I Scheme for PAF Officers
- ASKARI-V Housing Scheme.
- Gulshan-e-Umair (Exists within Cantonment limits )
- Encroached Kachhi Aabadi
- Rizwan Pakwan House.
- Cantt. Bazaar
- D. O. H. S. Phase I
- D. O. H. S. Phase II
- Petal Avenue 
Colleges and schools
- Fazaia Intermediate College, Malir Cantt (Previously named as PAF Intermediate College & School, Malir Cantt)
- Army Public School and College System
- Cantonment Board Montessori & Model School
- Government Degree Science College, Malir Cantt
- F G Public School Malir Cantt Karachi