Mall del Norte
Mall del Norte logo
|Location||Laredo, Texas, USA|
|Management||CBL & Associates Properties, Inc.|
|Owner||CBL & Associates Properties, Inc.|
|No. of stores and services||151|
|No. of anchor tenants||10|
|Total retail floor area||1,212,515 sq ft (112,646 m2).|
|No. of floors||1|
Mall del Norte is a super regional shopping mall in Laredo, Texas. The mall opened in 1977 and has since been renovated in 1991, 1993 (expansion), 2007, and 2012. It is located along Interstate 35 in the city's rapidly growing retail hub of town. Mall del Norte is 1,212,515 sq ft (112,646 m2) with over 160 stores, making it the largest mall in South Texas, and one of the largest malls in Texas overall.
In 2007, as part of the renovations of the mall, Cinemark Theater 16 and Circuit City constructed where the former Montgomery Ward store was located.. The mall is currently owned by CBL & Associates Properties.
Anchor store include:
- Chuck E. Cheese's
- Cinemark Theatres
- Forever 21
- Joe Brand
- Macy’s Home Store
- Foley's - sold to/became Macy's
- Foley's Home Store - sold to/became Macy's Home Store
- Hachar's - local upscale department store shutdown early 1990s became Foley's
- Montgomery Ward - shutdown nationwide became Circuit City Stores and Cinemark Theater
- Richter's - local upscale department store shutdown early 1990s became Foley's Home Store
- Mervyn's - nationwide shutdown closed on December 29, 2008, now Forever 21 since March 2009
- Circuit City Stores - nationwide shutdown closed in February 2009. Replaced with a Chuck E. Cheese's in December 2010.
As of November 2013, there are 151 stores in the Mall del Norte.