Mallory Factor (born 1950) is an American professor and author. He is a FOX News Channel contributor. He is the bestselling author of Shadowbosses, and the author of the forthcoming book, Big Tent. He is also president of Mallory Factor, Inc., an independent merchant bank and financial relations consultancy that he founded in 1976.
- 1 Early life and career
- 2 Career
- 3 Committees
- 4 Publications
- 5 Personal life
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Early life and career
Factor is the John C. West Professor of International Politics and American Government at The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina in Charleston, South Carolina. He is the Senior Visiting Mellon Fellow at the University of Cambridge. He is also a Visiting Fellow at the Department of Political Science and International Studies at the University of Cambridge. He held adjunct professorships at the School of Continuing and Professional Studies at New York University from 1992 to 1996, and at the Graduate School of Management and Urban Professions at the New School for Social Research from 1985 to 1992.
Factor joined the FOX News Channel in 2013 and currently serves as a contributor.
The New York Meeting, The Charleston Meeting, The Monday Meeting and the Free Enterprise Fund
Factor is the host and co-founder of The New York Meeting  and the host of The Charleston Meeting, both nationally-recognized gatherings of elected officials, journalists, business leaders and authors in New York City and Charleston, SC. He was previously the co-founder and co-chair of The Monday Meeting (with James E. Higgins). Previously, he served as chairman of the Free Enterprise Fund, a free market “do” tank advocating economic growth, lower taxes and limited government.
The Council on Foreign Relations and the Joint Chiefs of Staff Economic Roundtable
He is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations and recently served as Vice-Chair of the Council on Foreign Relations Task Force on Terrorism Financing. He has frequently testified in front of the U.S. House of Representatives and the United States Senate on terror financing, regulation of the financial services industry and other economic issues. Mr. Factor chaired the Economic Roundtable for the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and led the 2009 Economic Summit for the U.S. House Republican Conference and Policy Committee in Washington, D.C.
Additional career accomplishments
He was Chairman of the New York Public Asset Fund from 2002 to 2006 and Vice-Chairman of Governor’s Island Preservation and Education Corporation from 2006 to 2007. Factor was a member of the Banking Board of the New York State Banking Department from 2001 to 2007. From 1987 to 1988, he was a member of the Federal Savings and Loan Advisory Council for the Federal Home Loan Bank. He has been an underwriting member of Lloyd’s of London since 1987.
Factor is an active member of a number of corporate and not-for-profit boards. He has also been involved in Broadway theater for many years in a volunteer capacity. He has served on the Tony Awards Administration Committee since 2003, served on the Tony Awards Management Committee from 1999 to 2003, and served as a Tony Awards nominator from 1996 to 1999. He also served as a member of the US Air Force, Air Mobility Command Civic Leader Group. Factor has served as a Senior Fellow for the US House of Representatives Republican Policy Committee from 2007 to 2011.
In addition to his books, Factor has written widely on economic and financial issues for publications including the Wall Street Journal, Christian Science Monitor, National Review and newspapers nationwide and is also a Fox News and Forbes Magazine contributor.
- "Mallory Factor Biography". FoxNews.com. 2013-10-29. Retrieved 013-11-10.
- "Mallory Factor". Amazon. 2013-07-29. Retrieved 2-12-07-13.
- Big Tent. Google.com. 2013-07-29. Retrieved 2-12-07-13.
- "Mallory Factor brings geopolitics to The Citadel". The Citadel. 2011-05-27. Retrieved 2011-06-13.
- "Faculty of History, University of Cambridge". University of Cambridge. 2013-12-10. Retrieved 2014-02-26.
- "Mallory Factor Amazon Author Page". Amazon. 2014-02-12. Retrieved 2014-03-17.
- "About The New York Meeting". www.thenewyorkmeeting.com. 2013-10-14. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- Rutenberg, Jim (2013-11-12). "A Senator Lays Out His Positions on the Military Very Carefully". Nytimes.com.
- "Biography of Shadowboss author Mallory Factor". Mallory Factor. 2013-07-29. Retrieved 2-12-07-13.
- "The Monday Meeting, A Right-Wing Cabal Ready to Convert N.Y. | The New York Observer". Observer.com. 2004-02-08. Retrieved 2011-01-21.
- "Dave Johnson: Today's Front Group: Free Enterprise Fund". Huffingtonpost.com. 2006-09-19. Retrieved 2011-01-21.
- "Council on Foreign Relations". Nndb.com. Retrieved 2011-01-21.
- O'Brien, Timothy L.; Kirkpatrick, David D. (2004-06-12). "THE REACH OF WAR: COUNCIL ON FOREIGN RELATIONS; Nonpolitical Study of Terror Is Caught Up in Politics - New York Times". Nytimes.com. Retrieved 2011-01-21.
- Mallory Factor (2004-06-15). "Testimony By Mallory Factor Concerning the Second Report of an Independent Task Force on Terrorist Financing Sponsored by the Council on Foreign Relations - Council on Foreign Relations". Cfr.org. Retrieved 2011-01-21.
- "Biography - Mallory Factor". American Theatre Wing. Retrieved 2011-01-21.
- "How Public Unions Exploit the Ruse of Official Time". Wall Street Journal. 2012-10-1. Retrieved 2013-07-29.
- "Search - Wall Street Journal Online". The Wall Street Journal.
- "The business-arts partnership: a two-way street / The Christian Science Monitor". CSMonitor.com. 1987-07-23. Retrieved 2011-01-21.
- Search Nro. "Search - National Review Online". Nationalreview.com. Retrieved 2011-01-21.
- Factor, Mallory (2010-04-07). "Opinion - Commentary from Mallory Factor". FoxNews.com. Retrieved 2011-01-21.
- "Forbes.com - ForbesFinder". Search.forbes.com. Retrieved 2011-01-21.
- "Mallory Factor Decamps New York, Surprising Many - August 15, 2006 - The New York Sun". Nysun.com. 2006-08-15. Retrieved 2011-01-21.
- "Mallory Factor Biography". Fox News Channel. 2013-10-29. Retrieved 013-11-14.
- Lizza, Ryan (17 July 2005). "The ATM for Bush's America". New York Magazine. New York Media.
- Bentley, Lora. "Free Enterprise Not Surprised, Will Appeal Sarbox Ruling". IT Business Edge. QuinStreet.[unreliable source?] – Factor interview
- "Mallory Factor Author Page web". Amazon. 29 July 2013.
- "The Conservative Intellectual Tradition in America web". The Citadel. 5 May 2012.