Malta at the 2004 Summer Olympics
|Malta at the Olympic Games|
|At the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens|
|Competitors||7 (4 men, 3 women) in 5 sports|
|Flag bearer||William Chetcuti|
|Olympic history (summary)|
Results by event
Neither Maltese athlete advanced beyond the opening heats of their respective events.
- Darren Gilford
- Round 1: 10.67 s (5th in heat 2, did not advance, 57th overall)
- Tanya Blake
- Round 1: 2:19.34 (7th in heat 6, did not advance, 39th overall)
Malta's only judoka in Athens lost both her matches in less than a minute, earning a chance in the repechage after her first round opponent advanced to the final.
- Marcon Bezzina
Aquilina only managed to finish in the top twenty-five in one of the eleven races in the competition.
- Mario Aquilina
- 339 points (39th overall)
Agius recorded the slowest time in the men's 400 metre freestyle, while Galea finished ahead of two other swimmers in the women's 100 metre free.
- Neil Agius
- Heat: 4:22.14 (46th overall, did not advance)
- Angela Galea
- Heat: 1:05.47 (36th overall, did not advance)
- President: Mr. Justice Lino Farrugia Sacco
- Secretary General: Mr. Joseph Cassar