||An automated process has detected links on this page on the local or global blacklist.|
|• Governor||Ertuğrul Kılıç|
|• Mayor||Mesut Akgül (AKP)|
|• District||478.40 km2 (184.71 sq mi)|
|Elevation||899 m (2,949 ft)|
|• District Density||1,200/km2 (3,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Mamak is a metropolitan district of Ankara Province in the Central Anatolia region of Turkey, part of the city of Ankara. According to 2010 census, population of Mamak is 549,585  The district covers an area of 478 km2 (185 sq mi), and the average elevation is 899 m (2,949 ft).
Public buildings include; the military prison, the subject of legend, poem and song; the military electronic surveillance centre; and Ankara's largest rubbish dump.
- Hüseyin Gazi - a hilly area, a popular spot for caving and rock-climbing
- Kübra Öztürk (born 1991), Woman Grandmaster of chess
- Mustafa Yılmaz (born 1992), Grandmaster of chess
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Statistical Institute
- GeoHive. "Statistical information on Turkey's administrative units". Retrieved 2008-03-31.
- Statoids. "Statistical information on districts of Turkey". Retrieved 2008-05-04.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Mamak, Turkey". Retrieved 2008-03-31.
- Kenthaber.com. "General information on Mamak, Ankara" (in Turkish). Retrieved 2008-03-31.
|This geographical article about a location in Ankara Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|