Mammoth Yosemite Airport
|Mammoth Yosemite Airport|
|Aerial view, March 2010|
|IATA: MMH – ICAO: KMMH – FAA LID: MMH|
|Owner||Town of Mammoth Lakes|
|Serves||Mammoth Lakes, California|
|Elevation AMSL||7,135 ft / 2,175 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Mammoth Yosemite Airport (IATA: MMH, ICAO: KMMH, FAA LID: MMH) is a town-owned public airport seven miles east of Mammoth Lakes, in Mono County, California. Also known as Mammoth Lakes Airport or Mammoth-June Lake Airport, it is mainly used for general aviation, but has scheduled passenger flights on two airlines.
The airport had 665 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 6,157 enplanements in 2009, and 19,814 in 2010. The National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015 categorized it as a general aviation airport.
In 2010 the airport had 8,285 aircraft operations, average 22 per day: 68% general aviation, 20% air taxi, 12% airline, and <1% military. Three aircraft were then based at this airport, all single-engine.
Airlines and destinations
Scheduled passenger service:
|Alaska Airlines operated by Horizon Air||Los Angeles
Seasonal: Las Vegas (begins January 15, 2015), San Diego
|United Express||Seasonal: Denver (begins December 20, 2014), Orange County, San Diego, San Francisco|
- FAA Airport Master Record for MMH ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective April 5, 2012.
- "Flight Information". The Official Website of Mammoth Lakes CA. Retrieved February 10, 2014.
- "Mammoth-June Lake Airport - Maps, Driving Directions & Local Area Information". CA HomeTownLocator. Retrieved February 10, 2014.
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009.
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- http://news.sierrawave.net/eastern-sierra-news/3201-2010-winter-air-service-to-mammoth-called-a-success[dead link]
- "UNITED Adds New Winter Seasonal Domestic Service from Dec 2014". Airline Route. July 1, 2014. Retrieved July 1, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mammoth Yosemite Airport.|
- Town of Mammoth Lakes government website
- Town of Mammoth Lakes tourism website
- Aerial image as of August 1999 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for MMH, effective October 16, 2014
- Resources for this airport: