Mammoth Yosemite Airport
|Mammoth Yosemite Airport|
|Aerial view, March 2010|
|IATA: MMH – ICAO: KMMH – FAA LID: MMH|
|Owner||Town of Mammoth Lakes|
|Serves||Mammoth Lakes, California|
|Elevation AMSL||7,135 ft / 2,175 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Mammoth Yosemite Airport (IATA: MMH, ICAO: KMMH, FAA LID: MMH) is a town-owned public-use airport located 6 nmi (11 km; 6.9 mi) east of the central business district of Mammoth Lakes, a town in Mono County, California. The airport is mostly used for general aviation, but also has scheduled passenger service provided by two commercial airlines.
The airport had 665 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 6,157 enplanements in 2009, and 19,814 in 2010. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation airport.
Facilities and aircraft
Mammoth Yosemite Airport covers an area of 230 acres (93 ha) at an elevation of 7,135 feet (2,175 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 9/27 with an asphalt surface measuring 7,000 by 100 feet (2,134 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2010, the airport had 8,285 aircraft operations, an average of 22 per day: 68% general aviation, 20% air taxi, 12% scheduled commercial, and <1% military. At that time there were 3 aircraft based at this airport: 100% single-engine.
Airlines and destinations
The following airlines offer scheduled passenger service:
|Alaska Airlines operated by Horizon Air||Los Angeles
Seasonal: San Diego (begins December 19, 2013)
|United Express operated by SkyWest Airlines||Seasonal: Orange County, San Diego, San Francisco|
- FAA Airport Master Record for MMH ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective April 5, 2012.
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009.
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- http://news.sierrawave.net/eastern-sierra-news/3201-2010-winter-air-service-to-mammoth-called-a-success[dead link]
- Town of Mammoth Lakes government website
- Town of Mammoth Lakes tourism website
- Aerial image as of August 1999 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for MMH, effective November 14, 2013
- Resources for this airport: