|Single by Anastasia Prikhodko|
|Recorded||28 February 2009|
|Writer(s)||Konstantin Meladze, Diana Golde|
|Anastasia Prikhodko singles chronology|
"Mamo" (Ukrainian Cyrillic: Мамо; English translation: "Mum"; Russian translation: Мама (Mama)) is a song by Ukrainian singer Anastasia Prikhodko. It is best known as Russia's entry to the Eurovision Song Contest 2009, held in the Russian capital of Moscow. The song is performed in both Russian and Ukrainian, and was composed by Konstantin Meladze and Diana Golde. The song was first submitted (in the original full Ukrainian variant) for the Ukrainian preselection for that year, but failed to qualify, winning afterwards the Russian preselection.
As Russia hosted the contest this year, the song automatically competed in the final on 16 May 2009. It finished 11th with 91 points.
Directed by Alan Badoev and employing Yaroslav Pilunskiy as the camera operator, the promotional video for "Mamo" was shot in a Kiev-based studio. The film featured Prikhodko fortune telling with her lookalike, both in a medieval dress. Four fairy tale settings were used, each representing an Eastern European season. In the setting picturing summer, Prikhodko appears in a wedding dress. In the last setting, representing autumn, she tears the dress up. The videoclip premiered on April 19 on the Ukrainian music TV channel M1 and on April 21 on the Russian music TV channel Muz-TV.
|Finnish Official Download Chart||22|
Eurovision Song Contest Final performance
The final performance concentrated on Prikhodko's vocal skills and emotions. The giant floating screens at the background of the stage featured a video of her face aging from a twenty-year-old to a seventy-year-old.
- Mum Diggiloo.net
- Fisher, Luke (2009-03-07). "Anastasia Prihodko to represent Russia in Moscow!". Oikotimes. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- Omelyanchuk, Olena (2009-03-07). "Russia votes for Anastasia Prikhodko". EBU. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- "Mamo - information". Diggiloo Thrush. Retrieved 2009-03-08.
- Results of the finals of Eurovision 2009, Interfax-Ukraine (May 17, 2009)
- http://www.1tv.ru/owa/win/ort5_pressa.pressa?p_pr_title_id=30664&p_date=02.04.2009&p_list_pagenum=1&p_search= Анастасия Приходько: "Меня так разрисовали перед съемками, что смыть этот грим не удалось. надеюсь, хоть к началу "Евровидения" сойдет". Первый канал
- Finnish Official Download Chart
- Russia: Drama in black, ESCToday