Man from Plains
|Man from Plains|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Jonathan Demme|
|Produced by||Neda Armian|
|Written by||Jonathan Demme|
|Music by||Djamel Benyelles ,Alejandro Escovedo|
|Edited by||Kate Amend|
|Distributed by||Sony Pictures Classics|
|Running time||120 minutes|
Man from Plains (originally titled "He Comes in Peace") is a 2007 American documentary film written and directed by Jonathan Demme, which chronicles former President of the United States Jimmy Carter's book tour across America to publicize his new book, Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid. For the book promotion, Carter grants interviews to selected newspapers, magazines, and television shows, such as CNN, PBS, Air America Radio, NPR, Chicago Life, Los Angeles Times, and The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
The film grossed $108,807.
- Jimmy Carter: Man From Plains The Numbers - Movie Box Office Data, Film Stars, Idle Speculation, accessed May 1, 2011.
- Chris Tilly, "Demme 'Comes in Peace'," The Time Out Movie Blog: This Week's Top Stories from the Movie World (TOMB), Time Out London December 5, 2006, accessed January 23, 2007.
- Borys Kitt and Nicole Sperling, "Demme Helms Docu on Carter for Participant", The Hollywood Reporter December 6, 2006, accessed May 3, 2007.
- Nick Paumgarten, "Jimmy Carter Aloft", The New Yorker December 11, 2006, accessed May 3, 2007.
- "Man from Plains Jonathan Demme", Toronto International Film Festival official website "film schedules", accessed September 10, 2007.
- Man From Plains Participant Media
- An intimate, surprising encounter with President Jimmy Carter Take Part
- Man from Plains at the Internet Movie Database
|This article about a biographical documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|