Managed Print Services
Managed Print Services is the active management and optimization of document output devices and related business processes.
MPS are facilitated by key software applications that fall into one of four categories:
- Print Management software to manage the volume and nature of print and authenticate users
- Device Management software to monitor and manage the print devices in an environment
- Discovery and Design Software to analyze and plan for the change required in implementing a MPS
- Scan Routing software to route scans to various destinations including fax servers, network folders, email or workflows
Four Groups of MPS Providers
There are four main groups of organisation type that are engaged in MPS.
Although historically partisan many OEMs are providing brand independent MPS with their managed service arms. This de-focus away from single brand solutions is a key trend in this space.
Such as Accenture, Datacom, Capgemini, Computacenter, Fujitsu Services, HCL Technologies, Wipro, Steria and SCC. These organisations have looked to append MPS to their wider Managed Service contract with clients.
Managed Service Providers - IT and Copier resellers
Supplies Based Providers
- Managed Print Services Association
- "Outsource Printing to Specialists". Forrester.
- "4,325 Office Equipment dealers in the US alone". referenceforbusiness.com. 2000.