Managed Print Services
Managed Print Services is the active management and optimization of document output devices and related business processes.
MPS are facilitated by key software applications that fall into one of four categories:
- Print management software to manage the volume and nature of print and authenticate users
- Device management software to monitor and manage the print devices in an environment
- Discovery and design software to analyze and plan for the change required in implementing a MPS
- Scan routing software to route scans to various destinations including fax servers, network folders, email or workflows
There are four main groups of organisation type that are engaged in MPS. These are original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), system integrators, managed service provides (IT and photocopier resellers), and retail outlets.
Systems integrator organisations add MPS to their wider managed services contracts with clients.
Managed print services or MPS have numerous benefits. These are cost reduction, control and convenience. Print and copy costs can be reduced by up to 30% with managed print services saving organisations time and money. 
- Managed Print Services Association
- "Outsource Printing to Specialists". Forrester.
- "4,325 Office Equipment dealers in the US alone". referenceforbusiness.com. 2000.