Managed dedicated server
Managed dedicated server is a service that includes the hardware, software, and ongoing upkeep of a dedicated server. The dedicated server industry often bundles additional services and products with the servers to provide a deeper level of management.
Managed dedicated server providers employ full-time system administrators that maintain dedicated servers. A managed dedicated server allows for not only more productivity, but eases your mind about a multitude of other issues, sometimes unforeseen by the client and even the developers working on functions of the dedicated hosting server. Security is a very large factor in choosing not only a managed dedicated hosting company, but also in choosing a managed dedicated server. Management features include:
- Software updates
- Operating system updates
- Firewall services
- Backup services
- Advanced technical support
- Application deployment
- Database management
- Server monitoring and recovery
- Anti-spam and virus protection
- Security scans and audits
- Telephone-based customer support
- Advanced configurations
- Control panel software
Companies that offer managed dedicated servers often include these services as packages with the server. Managed dedicated servers differ from dedicated server or unmanaged dedicated servers as the owners are not expected to be the full-time system administrators.
- The advantage of a Managed dedicated server | GloboTech blog
- "Unmanaged vs. Managed VPS Hosting – What’s the difference?". The Rocket Blog. RocketVPS. 18 March 2012. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- "Should I Chose A Managed or Unmanaged Hosting Plan?". Web Hosting Bluebook. Retrieved 16 June 2013.