||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2010)|
|Native name||松前 真奈美|
|Birth name||Manami Gotoh|
|Also known as||Chanchacorin|
December 25, 1964 |
|Genres||Video game music|
|Associated acts||Alph Lyla|
Manami Matsumae (松前真奈美 Matsumae Manami?) is a Japanese video game music composer. She previously worked for Capcom, where she worked on titles such as SonSon II, Dynasty Wars, U.N. Squadron, Mercs, Magic Sword, and Carrier Air Wing. She is best known, however, for composing the music for the original Mega Man, including its iconic "Game Start" jingle. Matsumae was known during her days at Capcom by her maiden name, Manami Gotoh (後藤真奈美 Gotoh Manami?), but was usually credited by her alias, Chanchacorin.
Following her departure from Capcom in 1991, she became a freelance video game music composer. The soundtracks she worked on afterwards include the Derby Stallion series, Game Boy titles developed by Sunsoft, and other games such as The Adventures of Lolo, Another Bible, Daffy Duck: The Marvin Missions, Jade Cocoon 2, and Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors. She also married fellow musician, Kimitaka Matsumae (originally part of Sega's S.S.T. Band), with whom she worked with on Othello World and Jade Cocoon 2.
In more recent years, Matsumae has returned to the Mega Man series via Inti Creates, serving as a regular guest arranger for its album releases and joining several other former Mega Man composers in creating the Robot Master themes for Mega Man 10. She has also contributed to the soundtracks of indie titles such as Shovel Knight, rainblocks, and Mighty No. 9.
List of works
- Ide Yosuke Meijin no Jissen Mahjong (1987) - with Harumi Fujita
- Mega Man (1987)
- F1 Dream (1988)
- 1943 Kai: Midway Kaisen (1988) - with many others
- SonSon II (1989)
- Dynasty Wars (1989)
- U.N. Squadron (1989)
- Final Fight (1989) - with many others
- Mercs (1990)
- Magic Sword (1990)
- Carrier Air Wing (1990)
- Capcom no Quiz: Tonosama no Yabou (1991)
- Derby Stallion: Best Race (1991)
- Batman: Return of the Joker (1992, Game Boy)
- Dodge Danpei (1992, Famicom) - with Hiroshi Tsukamoto
- Othello World (1992) - with Kimitaka Matsumae
- Esper Dream 2 (1992) - with Shigemasa Matsuo
- Sanrio Cup: Pon Pon Volley (1992)
- Derby Stallion: National Edition (1992)
- Trip World (1992)
- Best Play Pro Yakyuu Special (1992)
- Looney Tunes (1992, Game Boy)
- Dodge Danpei 2 (1993, Famicom) - with Hiroshi Tsukamoto
- Adventures of Lolo (1994, Game Boy)
- Derby Stallion II (1994)
- Tenchi o Kurau (1994)
- Daffy Duck: The Marvin Missions (1994, Game Boy)
- Another Bible (1995)
- Derby Stallion III (1995)
- Derby Stallion '96 (1996)
- G.O.D: Mezameyo to Yobu Koe ga Kikoe (1996) - with Kimitaka Matsumae and Yuuichi Matsuzaki
- Derby Stallion (1996, PS1)
- Pilot Kids (1998)
- Derby Stallion '98 (1998)
- Derby Stallion '99 (1999)
- Fun! Fun! Pingu (1999)
- Jade Cocoon 2 (2001) - with Kimitaka Matsumae
- Best Play Pro Yakyuu (2002)
- Derby Stallion Advance (2002)
- Derby Stallion P (2006)
- Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors (2007)
- Mega Man 10 (2010) - with various others
- Shovel Knight (2014) - with Jake Kaufman
- rainblocks (2014)
- Target Acquired (2015)
- Mighty No. 9 (2015) - with Ippo Yamada and Takashi Tateishi
- Heart Forth, Alicia (2015) - with Jonathan Geer
- Flat Kingdom (2015)
- Starr Mazer (2016)
- Update # 10: MANAMI MATSUMAE, THE ORIGINAL COMPOSER OF MEGA MAN, IS WRITING SONGS FOR SHOVEL KNIGHT!!!!.
- "New game: rainblocks! Coming soon by revenantkioku, with art by zerstoerer & music by Manami Matsumae". Twitter. Twitter. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
- "Target Acquired: Classic Endless Side Scrolling Run and Gun". Kickstarter. Retrieved 31 October 2014.
- "Flat Kingdom". Kickstarter. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- "Manami Matsumae joins the Starr Mazer team!". Brave Wave. Retrieved 20 January 2015.