Manarat International University
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (June 2008)|
||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (July 2008)|
|Manarat International University|
|Motto||"A Center of Academic and Moral Excellence"|
|Chancellor||President Mohammad Zillur Rahman|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Dr. Choudhury mahmood hasan|
|Location||, Dhaka, Bangladesh|
|Affiliations||University Grants Commission (Bangladesh)|
Manarat International University (MIU) is a private university in Bangladesh. It was established in 2001 by the Manarat Trust, which had run a first grade school and college for more than twenty years.
- Department of Pharmacy
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Communication Engineering
- Department of English
- Department of CSE
- Department of LAW
The university offers the following postgraduate programmes:
- Master of Arts in English
- Master of Business Administration(MBA)
The university has the following clubs:
- Environment & Adventure Association (MIUEAA)
- Debate Club(MIUDC)
- Sports Club
- CSE Forum
- Pharmacy Club(Pharmacy Union)
- Business Club
- ECE Council
- English Society
- Law club (Manarat Law Forum)
Manarat Law Forum (MLF): The purposes of MLF are:
a) to provide honest and qualified leaders in legal arena;
b) to develop practicing skills among law students;
c) to promote law based extra curricular and co-curricular activities (e.g.Debate, Aini Adda);
e) to undertake legal research and publication (e.g. Law Voice);
f) to enrich personal accomplishments and qualities of law students;
g) to take necessary steps to identify the setbacks of legal study and research and thus to uplift the standard of legal education; h) to create educational opportunities and facilities for students;
i) to provide legal training and education on different topics; and
j) to provide academic aid to the law students.
President of MLF- Mohammad Azizul Hoque, Lecturer Dept. of Law, Manarat Int. University.
Manarat International University library — MIU Library — has more than 16000 books, 200 e-books, 150 DVDs and a collection of print journals and other publications. The library subscribes to 10 local journals, 5 foreign and 5 local magazines, one foreign daily and most of the leading national dailies published from Dhaka.
The library can accommodate over 200 students in its reading rooms. On average 800 students use the library each day. The library has two branches: one at Gulshan Campus and another at Mirpur Campus.
Manarat University inspires and provides ample opportunity for research. The pharmacy department's laboratories are well equipped by modern research items. Since MIU Trust want to make this department as top department of pharmaceutical education among all universities of Bangladesh within 2020. A group of research scholars educated in USA, Germany,Japan, UK and Bangladesh is engaged in hard work to reach the desired goal.
It has launched the following labs for pharmacy department:
- Pharmaceutical Microbiology Lab
- Pharmacognosy Lab
- Medicinal chemistry Lab
- Animal Lab for Physiological Research
- Chemistry Lab (for synthetic chemistry)
Manarat University publishes an annual research journal: Manarat International University Studies.
Students of MIU are very enthusiastic. They organize and participate in seminars, organize cultural, sports, create mass consciousness (e.g., rally to prevent swine flu) and entertainment (e.g., Pitha Utshob) and activities and competitions like flora PC scholar of MIU.
- Chairman: Shah Abdul Hannan, former secretary of Bangladesh government
- Commodore M. A. Rahman (retired), former secretary of Bangladesh government
- Treasurer: Mohammad Ismail Hossain, former secretary of President’s secretariat
- Professor Mohammad Abdullah, former Member of Parliament
- Nazir Ahmed, former chairman of Islami Bank Bangladesh Ltd.
- A.N.M.A. Zaher, chairman of Islami Bank Bangladesh Ltd. and managing director of IBN SINA Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Professor Dr. Shamsuddin Ahmed, former dean, Department of Electrical Engineering, BUET
- Mohammad Sirajul Islam, former district judge
- ATM Fazlul Haque, professor of Dhaka University
- Mohammad Fazlur Rahman, former secretary, Food, Relief & Disaster Management
- Hafizul Islam Miah, additional secretary of Bangladesh government
- VC Professor Dr Mohammad Abdur Rob., chairman of Bangladesh Red Crescent Society
Faculty members of the School of Business & Economics
Department of Business Administration
- Prof. M. Korban Ali, dean, School of Business & Economics
- Md. Mahbub Alom, senior lecturer in Marketing
- Rokeya Sultana, senior lecturer in Accounting
- Mohammad Jamal Hossain, lecturer in Statistics
- Sk. Habibur Rahaman, lecturer in HRM
- Mohammad Shamim Hossain, lecturer in Accounting
- Abdullah Al Mahmud, lecturer in IS
Department of Law
- Prof. Dr. Faiz-Ud-Din, head
- Hosne Ara Begum, lecturer
- Zobair Ahmed Bhuyan, lecturer
- Jiaor Rahman Munshi, lecturer
- Mir Abdul Halim, lecturer
- Mohammad Azizul Hoque, lecturer