||This article may be in need of reorganization to comply with Wikipedia's layout guidelines. (January 2009)|
|Elevation||142 m (466 ft)|
|• Density||1,959/km2 (5,070/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Mancherial is a major municipality in Adilabad district in the southern Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. Mancherial is located on the northern banks of Godavari River in northern Andhra Pradesh.it is of 35.92 Sqkm. It is situated 253 kilometres (157 mi) north east of state capital, Hyderabad, 143 kilometres (89 mi) from Warangal and 83 kilometres (52 mi) from Karimnagar. With 163,875 inhibitants, Mancherial is the most populated urban agglomeration in Adilabad district and 29th most populated in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
As of 2011 census of India, Mancherial has a population of 1,63,875. Males constitute 51% of the total population and females 49%. Mancherial has an average literacy rate of 75.71%, higher than the national average : male literacy is 83.16%, and female literacy is 67.92%. In Mancherial, 8% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- Mancherial was previously called Garmilla.
- Mancherial is the major town in Adilabad district
- Mancherial is also regarded as the East-District of Adilabad.
- Mancherial has an old city attached to it just like many major cities and is named Old Mancherial.
- Mancherial is a commercial hub of the coal belt area of Singareni Collieries.
- A cement company earlier called ACC Ltd., now changed to MCC (Mancherial Cement Company) is located here.
- Mancherial has picnic spot called CAUVERY located 7kms away from the city.
- It is located on the north bank of the Godavari river.
- Hospitals and nursing homes in the town, in both the private and government sector serve a wide area and range of population, including miners, tribals and farmers from the surrounding areas. Visiting specialists from Hyderabad and Warangal serve the area as well.
- It has a thriving market for agricultural produce.
- It is on the main north-south railway route from Delhi to Chennai. The major junctions up north are Ballarshah in Maharashtra and Kazipet in Warangal District to the south.
- Its proximity to the rich cement minerals and the coal mines fuels the economy.
- It has a government run high school and a Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh-run Saraswathi Shishu Mandir, Mancherial public School which was established in 1982.
Singareni Collieries are the largest employers in town, followed by MCC cement factory, Orient Cement (devapur) factory and Sirpur Paper Mills. It has branches of all major banks like State Bank of India, State Bank of Hyderabad, Andhra Bank, Bank of Baroda, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Union Bank of India, Oriental Bank of Commerce, ING Vysya Bank, Axis Bank, Indian Bank, Karur Vysya Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, Deccan Grameena Bank, Gayathri Bank, ADCC bank and Universal Co-operative Urban bank. Colonies in and around 5 kilometer radius of Mancherial include MCC Colony, CCC Quarters(A,B,C and D Types), Krishna colony, Naspur colony, Shirkey Colony, Nagarjuna, New Nagarjuna, Srirampur Colony, RK-8 colony, Old Srirampur. Srirampur Colony is located at a distance of 8 km from the main town where the General Manager office of the coal mines is located. Quarters at Srirampur are provided by the government to accommodate Singareni employees. Two good and neatly maintained parks are surrounded by these colonies. A swimming pool, church and Geeta Dhyana Mandiram are located in C.C.C area. There has been a demand to make Mancherial as a separate district from the political leaders as Mancherial had all the features that a district might have.
- Sri Saraswathi Shishu Mandir High School (Co.Ed & Girls)
- Madeena Tul uloom high school. near railway station.mancherial
- Trinity High School
- Krishnaveni Talent School
- Rashtra Basha Hindhi Vidhyalaya
- RBHV English Medium High School
- Viveka vardhini Degree & PG college.
- S.R.K.M. Nursing College
- Sri Chaitanya Techno School
- Sri Sharadha Shishu mandir High School
- Bhashyam Global High School
- Chaitanya Junior College
- Chaitanya Degree College
- Aurbindo Techno School (School Management - Director of Group of Chaitanya Colleges)
- Aizza College of Engineering & Technology
- Alphores Junior College
- MIMS Degree & PG College
- Zilla Parishad Secondary School
- Sri Saraswathi Shishu Mandir
- MVN School, Junior,Degree & P.G College
- Prerana Junior & Degree College
- Oxford Creativity School
- Gouthama Buddha Vidyanikethan
- DR.S.Radhakrishna High School
- Martins grammer high school
- Sri Krishnaveni Talent School
- Radiant High School, CCC Naspur
- Chanakya Degree & P.G College
- Seven Hills High School
- Sai Krishnaveni Talent School
- IIT Chukka Ramaiah Concept School
- Shantinikethan Degree College
- Gauthami Junior College
- Viswashanti High School, Srirampur
- Chaitanya Junior College of Science
- C.V.Raman Degree & P.G College
- Vidyanikethan Degree College
- Government Junior, Degree & P.G College
- Gautham Model School
- Mancherial Public School
- Cambridge High School
- Sri Vaishnavi Olympiad School
- Sri Ushodaya High School
- St. Theresa High School
- Blue Birds High Schoo, CCC, Naspur
- Srisai Junior College, CCC, Naspur
- Sri Vaagdevi Public School
- Carmel convent high school
- Sri Harsha junior & Degree college
Mancherial is well connected by road from major parts of India. State run APSRTC buses runs to various towns/cities like, Adilabad, Karimnagar,Luxettipet, Jagtial, Warangal, Nizamabad, Hyderabad, Guntur, Vijayawada, Nagpur, Shirdi, Mumbai, Nanded, Aurangabad and Chandrapur. NH 16 (Nizamabad to Jagdalpur) passes through Mancherial. Rajeev Rahadari Hyderabad-Karimnagar-Asifabad road passes through Mancherial, which is the shortest route to reach Hyderabad via Godavarikhani, Karimnagar, Siddipet.
Mancherial is located on the longest railway line, which is called the Grand Trunk line (New Delhi-Chennai). It is well connected by rail from various towns/cities in India. It comes under South Central Railways. It is a good potential station to have stoppage due to its urban population as well as proximity to other major towns like Mandamarri (14 km), Bellampalli (21 km), Ramagundam (Godavarikhani) (20 km), Luxettipet (26 km), Ramakrishnapur (8 km), Chennur (40 km), Jaipur Power Plant (17 km). The following is the partial list of trains that have stoppages in Mancherial:
- Andhra Pradesh Express
- Grand Trunk Express
- Andhra Pradesh Sampark Kranti Express
- Navjivan Express
- Patna-Secunderabad Express (Manikarnika Express)
- Raptisagar Express
- Telangana Express, Train No.17035/17036
- Bhagyanagar Express, Train No.17233/17234
- Bellampalli-Hyderabad Intercity Express, Train No.17011/17012
- Dakshin Express
- Jaipur-Chennai Express
- Chennai-Lucknow Express
- Andaman Express
- Korba-Trivandrum Express
- Gorakhpur-Secunderabad/Bangalore Express
- Darbhanga-Hyderabad/Secunderabad Express
- Ahilyanagari Express
- Jaipur-Mysore Express
- Jaipur-Coimbatore Express
- Patna-Ernakulam Express
- Okha-Puri Express
- Secunderabad-Nagpur Express
Nearest Airport to Mancherial is Hyderabad Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (270 km by road/rail).
Visiting places in and around Mancherial:
- Sai Baba temple
- ACC Quarry Park
- Govinda kshetram(Sri Venkateswara Swamy Temple) at Gudipet
- Yellampalli Reservoir constructed on river Godavari (6 kilometres from Mancherial)
- Godavari River
- Ram Cheruvu Park
- Kuntala Waterfall
- ACC Mahankaali Jathara
- Gudem (Satyanarayana Swamy, Ayyappa temples)
- Kaddam Project
- Swarna Project, Nirmal
- Gaandhari Khilla, ACC
- Pranahita Wild Life Sanctuary
- Singareni Collieries Company
- Velala Shiva Ratri Jatara
- Ramagiri Khilla
- Kawal wildlife sanctuary
Bathukamma is a festival celebrated by the Hindu women of Telangana region in Andhra Pradesh, India. It is followed by Boddemma, which is a 7-day festival. This festival falls in September–October called Ashvin or Aswiyuja. Bathukamma is celebrated for nine days during Durga Navratri.It starts on the day of Mahalaya Amavasya. It concludes two days before Dussera, called Durgashtami. On the final day, the closing ceremony of Bathukamma panduga is celebrated as a great festival – Pedda Bathukamma or Saddula Bathukamma.
Bathukamma is a beautiful flower stack, arranged with seasonal flowers, in seven concentric layers, of potter’s clay like a cone. Bathuku in Telugu means live/life, and Amma means mother; hence Bathukamma, is celebrated for the glory, later denoted as Goddess Gauri – the patron goddess of womanhood.
Bengali Durga Puja
Bengali Durga Puja - Durga Puja is the most awaited festival for a larger part of Bengali population all over the world. Bengalis of this city celebrate Durga Puja with same vigor as it is celebrated in Bengal and other parts of the country.
Every year Bengalis of this city puts their hands together and celebrate Durga Puja with honesty and integrity.
Durga Puja is being celebrated in this city since 2009. 2013 being the 5th consecutive year this celebrations are going on.
Its one of the big day for the people of Mancherial,Their will be a huge rally covering all the streets of the town with Ganesh idols and prizes will be distributed for the best decorated Ganesh Mandap,RSS and Hindu organizations will take care of the total event ,At last the nimarjanam process takes place in the river Godavari .Mostly kids can enjoy the Event 2013,2014 award winners are Bala Ganesh Mandap Sponsored by Nuguri Family.
- Aravind Reddy - MLA, Telangana Rashtra Samithi
- G. Vivek - MP, Telangana Rashtra Samithi
- M. Kodandaram - Educationist and Chairman of All-Party Telangana Political Joint Action Committee (JAC)