The Manchester Gorton by-election of 2 November 1967 was held after the death of Labour MP (MP) Konni Zilliacus:
The seat was safe, having been won by Labour at the United Kingdom general election, 1966 by over 8,000 votes/.
- Kenneth Marks for the defending Labour Party was a councillor in Denton
- For the Conservatives, Winston S Churchill was a journalist for the Times
- Terry Lacey was chosen by the local Liberal Party association
- Writer John Creasey nominated himself as candidate for the All Party Alliance he had created.
- The Communists chose Victor Eddisford
Result of the previous general election
Result of the by-election