Manchester Township High School
|Manchester Township High School|
"Excellence by Example"
|101 South Colonial Drive
Manchester, New Jersey 08759
|School district||Manchester Township School District|
|Principal||R. Dennis Adams|
|Vice Principals||Keith Lister
|Faculty||95.66 (on FTE basis)|
|Enrollment||1,096 (as of 2011-12)|
|Student to teacher ratio||11.46:1|
|Athletics conference||Shore Conference|
Manchester Township High School is a four-year comprehensive public high school in Manchester Township in Ocean County, New Jersey and is part of the Manchester Township School District. The school serves students in grades 9 – 12 from Manchester Township, and also serves approximately 150 high school students from Lakehurst Borough, who attend as part of a sending/receiving relationship.
As of the 2011-12 school year, the school had an enrollment of 1,096 students and 95.66 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 11.46:1. There were 238 students (21.8% of enrollment) eligible for free lunch and 99 (9.1% of students) eligible for reduced-cost lunch.
Awards, recognition and rankings
The school was the 245th-ranked public high school in New Jersey out of 328 schools statewide in New Jersey Monthly magazine's September 2012 cover story on the state's "Top Public High Schools", after being ranked 260th in 2010 out of 322 schools listed. The magazine ranked the school 227th in 2008 out of 316 schools. The school was ranked 256th in the magazine's September 2006 issue, which surveyed 316 schools across the state.
Manchester Township High School competes in the Shore Conference, an athletic conference made up of private and public high schools centered at the Northern Jersey Shore. All schools in this conference are located within Monmouth County and Ocean County, and the league operates under the jurisdiction of the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association (NJSIAA).
Core members of the school's administration are:
- R. Dennis Adams, Principal
- Keith Lister, Athletic Director/Vice Principal
- Stacie Ferrara, Vice Principal
- Tracey Raimondo, Vice Principal
- Data for Manchester High, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed May 21, 2014.
- About Our School District, Manchester Township School District. Accessed May 21, 2014. "We are also the receiving district for approximately 150 high school students from neighboring Lakehurst Borough."
- Staff. "The Top New Jersey High Schools: Alphabetical", New Jersey Monthly, August 16, 2012. Accessed August 22, 2012.
- Staff. "2010 Top High Schools", New Jersey Monthly, August 16, 2010. Accessed February 9, 2011.
- "Top New Jersey High Schools 2008: By Rank", New Jersey Monthly, September 2008, posted August 7, 2008. Accessed March 9, 2011.
- School Info, Shore Conference. Accessed March 9, 2008.
- League Memberships – 2012-2013, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed September 27, 2012.
- Manchester Township High School, Staff Directory Accessed December 29, 2013.
- Manchester Township High School
- Manchester Township School District
- Manchester Township High School's 2012–13 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for Manchester Township High School, National Center for Education Statistics
- DigitalSports Manchester Homepage