|Directed by||Adurthi Subba Rao|
|Starring||Akkineni Nageshwara Rao
|Music by||K. V. Mahadevan|
It is a musical hit film with score composed by K. V. Mahadevan and voiced by Ghantasala, P. Susheela and others. The song "Aho Andhra Bhoja ... Silalapai Silpaalu Chekkinaru" by Ghantasala Venkateswara Rao on the granduer of Srikrishnadevaraya is everlasting melody.
Venu (ANR) is a very poor student and seeks to come out of hostel unable bear the expenses and shift to a lawyer Anand Rao (S.V. Rangarao)'s outhouse who gives it for free of cost. Venu has a brother who is a blacksmith and funds his studies and his daughter in their village. The lawyer's wife doesn't agree to give their room to bachelors and so lawyer insists that he says that he is married. The lawyer has a daughter Shanthi (Savitri) who falls in love with Venu. Her parents agree for their marriage. Venu completes his B.A. degree and goes to his village. His brother dies of ill-health and asks him to take care of his daughter Jaya. Jaya loves a man named Kumar (Nagabhushanam) who is very deceptive, and has a blind sister Radha (Janaki). When Venu asks Kumars' parents to get Jaya married to their son, they agree on one condition that Venu should marry their daughter. So Venu and Shanthi sacrifice their love. Venu is guilty of dumping her and doesn't like his wife. One day Shanthi comes and mitigates the situation. Janaki's brother and his wife create nuisence. Janaki becomes pregnant. To keep her away from all these problems, he takes his wife to Hampi Vijayanagar on Shanthi's advice. There Kumar who cheats a lady and kills her on a mountain. Hearing her screaming, Venu arrives there and sees the culprit and gets caught to police to save Kumar's life for the sake of his brother's daughter. Shanthi who is now a lawyer takes up his case and proves that he is innocent in the court and unveils the culprit with the help of strong evidence brought by Jaya, he becomes remorseful. The story ends with Venu and his wife lead a happy life.
- Akkineni Nageshwara Rao
- Showkar Janaki
- S. V. Ranga Rao
- Ramana Reddy
- "Emandoi Srivaaru Oka Chinnamaata" (Lyrics: Arudra; Singer: P. Susheela; Cast: Akkineni and Savitri)
- "Mama Maama Mama Eme Eme Bhama" (Lyrics: Kosaraju Raghavaiah; Singer(s): Ghantasala, Jamuna Rani, Chorus)
- "Nannu Vadhali Neevu Polevule" (Lyrics: Dasarathi; Singer(s): Ghantasala, P. Susheela; Cast: Akkineni and Savitri)
- "Oho Oho Paavurama Vayyari Paavurama" (Lyrics: Aathreya; Singer: S. Janaki)
- "Silalapai Silpaalu Chekkinaru" (Lyrics: Aathreya; Singer: Ghantasaala; Cast: Akkineni and Janaki)
- "Thyaagam Idhiyena Hrudayam Silayena" (Lyrics: Sri Sri; Singer: P. Susheela)
- "Yentha Takkari Vaadu Naa Raaju" (Lyrics: Kosaraju; Singer: Jamuna Rani)