Manfred III, Marquess of Saluzzo
|Marquess of Saluzzo|
|Spouse(s)||Beatrice of Savoy|
|Father||Boniface of Saluzzo|
|Mother||Maria di Torres|
Manfred III (died 1244) was the third Marquess of Saluzzo, from 1215 to his death. He was the son of Boniface of Saluzzo and Maria di Torres of Sassari (in Sardinia). Since his father died in 1212, he succeeded his grandfather Manfred II as marquess on the latter's death in 1215. His paternal grandmother Azalaïs or Adelasia of Montferrat was regent during his minority until 1218. During that period, his grandmother paid tribute to Count Thomas I of Savoy.
- Alice (c. 1236 – before 12 Jul 1311); married Edmund de Lacy, Baron of Pontefract and had issue
- Thomas I, Marquess of Saluzzo (1239–1296); succeeded Manfred as Marquess of Saluzzo.
- Agnes (1245 – after 4 August 1265); born posthumously, married John, son of Eustace de Vesci, no issue.
- Margaret (born 1245); born posthumously, twin of Agnes.
- C. W. Previte Orton, The Early History of the House of Savoy: 1000-1233, (Cambridge University Press, 1912), 387.
- C. W. Previte Orton, The Early History of the House of Savoy: 1000-1233, 389.
Manfred III, Marquess of SaluzzoDied: 1244
|Marquess of Saluzzo
|This biography of an Italian noble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|