|Headteacher||Richard Andrew Badley|
|Local authority||South Gloucestershire|
|DfE URN||109320 Tables|
Mangotsfield School is a specialist coeducational engineering and science college for students between the ages of 11 and 18 located in Mangotsfield in South Gloucestershire, north of the Kingswood suburb of Bristol, England.
The school was formed in 1982 after a merger of two pre-existing schools; Rodway School was established in 1957 and located at the current Mangotsfield School site opposite Rodway Common, and the Chase School for Boys was located in Cossham Street and was established in about 1966. The Cossham Street and Rodway sites provided the lower and upper school sites for Mangotsfield School respectively. The Cossham Street site was demolished in 1996 to make way for the Emersons Green housing estate. At this time, the whole school was moved to the enlarged Rodway site.
The school operates within five blocks:
- The Brunel Block: English, mathematics and humanities.
- The Concorde Block: engineering, design and technology.
- The Da Vinci Art Centre
- The modern foreign language block
- The Jenner science block
- "Mangotsfield School - Inspection Report". Ofsted. 12 March 2007. Retrieved 2009-08-19.
- "School Uniform: Burgundy Sweatshirts" (pdf). Mangotsfield Newsletter. Mangotsfield School. 7 May 2010. Retrieved 14 October 2010.
- "50th Anniversary Celebrations - 1957-2007". Mangotsfield School. Retrieved 14 October 2010.
- "Gloucestershire Archives: Online Catalogue - Reference D10824". Gloucestershire County Council. Retrieved 14 October 2010.
- The History Of Mangotsfield School by R. S. Howlett, published by Downend Local History Society, 1980 ASIN B0043DD24G
|This article relating to a school or sixth form college in Bristol is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|