Manish Gupta (politician)
|Minister for power|
May 13, 2011
|Preceded by||Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee|
|Political party||Trinamool Congress|
|Residence||20 Suren Tagore Road, Kolkata - 700 019|
|Alma mater||Indian Administrative Service (I.A.S)|
Manish Gupta is an Indian politician and the present Minister for Power in the Government of West Bengal. He is also an MLA, elected from the Jadavpur constituency in the West Bengal state assembly election, 2011. In this election he historically defeated 16,684 votes his former boss, the then incumbent Chief Minister of West Bengal, Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee, who remained the MLA of this constituency for twenty-four years. He served under Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee as the Chief Secretary of West Bengal before he retired as an IAS officer. He also worked as the Chief Secretary of West Bengal under Chief Minister Jyoti Basu - a time when Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee was the Deputy Chief Minister.
- Gupta's Tribute to his Former Boss, Jyoti Basu
- Affidavits filed by Manish Gupta in 2011 Assembly Election of West Bengal
- "Buddhadeb loses at Jadavpur constituency", Hindustan Times, May 14, 2011.
- "The man who beat Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee for the first time in 24 years", NDTV, May 13, 2011.
- Great Fall of Bengal,Hindustan Times, May 14, 2011.
|This article about an Indian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|