December 5, 1965|
|Relatives||Punit Malhotra (Nephew)
Sidharth Malhotra (Nephew)
Manish Malhotra is one of India's most successful fashion designers. Malhotra has designed for many leading actresses in Bollywood. He is known in the Indian film industry for his different style and his ability to envision a 'look' for the character. He is known for designing the costumes for Urmila Matondkar in the film Rangeela. Stars including Sridevi, Kajol, Karisma Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor, Rani Mukherji, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra, Katrina Kaif, Sonam Kapoor and Preity Zinta have worn his designs. Although he usually designs for women, he designed for Shahrukh Khan in Mohabbatein and Imran Khan in I Hate Luv Storys. He was also asked to design clothes for Michael Jackson when he visited India for a Bollywood show.
Manish has trained fellow designer Surily Goel, who made her debut at Lakme Fashion Week 2006.
In 2005, he began a talk show named The Manish Malhotra Show.
His designs were worn by Kareena Kapoor in the film Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001). He designed for Sushmita Sen in Main Hoon Na (2004), Kajol in Fanaa and he has designed for Preity Zinta and Rani Mukerji in the film Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (2006). He showcased his new collection in April 2006 at Lakme Fashion Week in Mumbai. Kajol and Preity Zinta, actresses who are friends of the designer, walked the runway for him. He also has designed Kareena Kapoor's wedding outfits. Not only has he designed costumes for Bollywood stars but he has also styled and designed costumes for Hollywood celebrities such as Demi Moore, Kylie Minogue, Reese Witherspoon, Karolina Kurkova, Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell.
- Filmfare Award for Costume Design for Rangeela
- Showtime Opinion Poll Award for Raja Hindustani
- Siemen's Viewer's Choice Award for Dil To Pagal Hai
- Zee Cine Award for Costume Design.
- Bollywood Award for Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
- Indira Priyadarshini Memorial Award for his contribution to the fashion industry
- Stylish Designer Of the Year at the Elle Style Awards in 1999.
- Manish was Felicitated by National Institute Of Fashion Technology.
- Filmfare Award for Costume Design for Enthiran
Costume Design Filmography
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Manish Malhotra.|
- Official Site
- Manish Malhotra Complete Dresses Collection
- Complete Manish Malhotra Designer Collection
- Shah Rukh Khan at Manish Malhotra - Day 4 Lakme Fashion Week 2009
- Manish Malhotra - Day 1 Lakme Fashion Week 2009
- Manish Malhotra at the Internet Movie Database
- manish malhotra's designer collection