Manitoba Highway 18
|Maintained by Manitoba Infrastructure and Transportation|
|Length:||64.6 km (40.1 mi)|
|South end:||ND 30 (Canada – United States border) near St. John, North Dakota|
|North end:||PTH 2 near Wawanesa|
|Turtle Mountain, Riverside, South Cypress|
Provincial Highway 18 (also known as Highway 18 or PTH 18) by the Manitoba Infrastructure and Transportation is a Regional Transportation Advisory Committee RTAC Route of Manitoba is a north south highway in southern Manitoba. Beginning near St. John, North Dakota the route travels through Killarney and Ninette ending at Highway 2, 7.1 km southeast of Wawanesa. The RTAC route is capable of handling RTAC vehicles such as a truck, a truck and pony trailer, a truck and full trailer, a truck tractor and semi-trailer, an A-train, a B-train, or a C-train.
St. John, North Dakota Hwy 30 is the USA port of exit for travelers from the USA to Canada. The rural municipality of Turtle Mountain, Manitoba is located just south of the Turtle Mountains Provincial Park. At the junction with PR 341 is the unincorporated area of Lena just north of the U.S.–Canada border which provides the Canadian port of entry for travellers from the United States. PTH 3 demarks the historic Boundary Commission Trail route which connected western communities to the Rocky Mountains of British Columbia. It ran just south of the community. North-West Mounted Police used the trail, as they travelled west to the Rockies in an effort to tame the prairie. The town of Killarney in Manitoba's Westman Region is situated on the banks of the Killarney Lake. Killarney has been touted as Canada's best retirement community by Canadian Living Magazine. Agriculture is the main economic mainstay of this region in south Manitoba drawing 1,500 tourists to the lake and cottage country in the summer. The CPR intersects PTH 18 at Killarney. Ninette is featured north of Pelican Lake and south of the small Bone Lake. Ninette Marina and the Yacht club Marina provides boat launch and harbour on Pelican Lake, the largest water body of southwestern Manitoba. The CNR intersects PTH 18 at Ninette. Pelican Lake Agri Fair and The Pelican Lake Regatta are summer festivals at Ninette.
|AADT||% Truck||AADT||% Truck||AADT||% Truck||AADT||% Truck|
AADT annual average daily traffic which is an estimate of typical daily traffic for
all days of the week over a one-year period.
— Source: Manitoba Highways and Government Services, Manitoba Highway Traffic Information System., 
|Turtle Mountain||Canada - US border||0||0||ND 30 south – St. John, Rolla, Mylo||PTH 18 begins|
|Lena||8.3||5.2||PR 341 west – Wakopa|
|9.9||6.2||PTH 3 east – Cartwright, Crystal City, Pilot Mound, Manitou||Boundary Commission Trail
begin PTH 3 west concurrence
|19.2||11.9||PTH 3 west – Boissevain, Deloraine, Melita, Estevan||Boundary Commission Trail
end PTH 3 west concurrence
|Killarney||20.4||12.7||PTH 3 west – Boissevain, Deloraine, Melita, Estevan||alternate access route to PTH 3 west|
|28.6||17.8||PR 253 east – Neelin, Pilot Mound|
|Riverside||44.2||27.5||PTH 23 west – Minto, Elgin, Hartney||PTH 18 turns east
begin PTH 23 east concurrence
|Ninette||46.3||28.8||PTH 23 east – Baldur, Somerset, Lowe Farm||PTH 18/23 turns north as it enters Ninette
end PTH 23 east concurrence
|South Cypress||64.6||40.1||PTH 2 – Souris, Wawanesa, Glenboro, Holland||PTH 18 ends|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- "Weights and Dimensions Compliance Guide". Manitoba Infrastructure and Transportation. Government of Manitoba. Retrieved 2008-03-30.[dead link]
- "Manitoba Community Profiles - Community Profile:Turtle Mountain, Manitoba". Archived from the original on 2007-12-17. Retrieved 2008-04-11.
- "Manitoba Community Profiles - Community Profile:Killarney, Manitoba". Retrieved 2008-04-11.[dead link]
- "Manitoba Community Profiles - R.M. of Riverside Community Profile:". Archived from the original on 2007-12-17. Retrieved 2008-04-11.
- Prentice, Dr. Barry E.; Bekker, J. Jurgens; Lapkin, Meyer D. (July 2001). "TRANSPORTATION TRENDS IN MANITOBA". University of Manitoba. Transport Institute. Retrieved 2008-04-12.
- Microsoft Corporation Redmond Washington. Microsoft Streets and Tips (Map) (2004 ed.).
- Manitoba government Official Highway Map
- AMM - Association of Manitoba Municipalities
- Manitoba Highways