1 November 1978 
Nagercoil, Tamil Nadu, India
|Residence||Pullu, Thrissur, India|
|Occupation||Film actress, dancer|
|Years active||1995 – 1999, 2014 - present|
Madhu Warrier (brother)Dileep (actor) (husband)(getting divorced)
Manju Warrier (born 1 November 1978) (pronounced: Mañcu Vāryar) is an Indian film actress known for her work in Malayalam films. She is regarded as one of the most successful actresses in Malayalam cinema.
Manju Warrier made her debut in Sakshyam (1995). Her films include Sallapam, Ee Puzhayum Kadannu, Thooval Kottaram (1996), Kaliyattam, Krishnagudiyil Oru Pranayakalathu (1997), Daya, Summer in Bethlehem (1998), and Pathram (1999). She won the National Film Award - Special Jury Award for her performance in Kannezhuthi Pottum Thottu (1999). She won the Kerala State Film Award for Best Actress for the film Ee Puzhayum Kadannu and has won two Filmfare Award for Best Actress. She got married to actor Dileep in 1998, and quit acting at that time. She made a comeback to cinema after a 15 year sabbatical with the critically and commercially successful film How Old Are You (2014). She has signed a slew of other projects.
Manju Warrier was born in Nagercoil in the year 1978. Her father Madhavan Warrier was working with Sundaram Finance, Nagercoil regional office. She did her primary schooling in CSI Lower Primary School, Nagercoil. After her father got promotion, the family came back to Kerala and settled in Kannur. She studied her high schooling in Kannur Chinmaya and later in Chovva higher secondary school. She had completed her graduation from SN College, Kannur.
Manju Warrier's father is an accountant, and mother a housewife. Their native place is Pullu, near Cherpu in Thrissur District. She has one brother Madhu Warrier who is also an actor. She did her schooling from Chovva High school and Chinmaya Vidyalaya, Kannur.
Even when she was at school, Manju showed extra ordinary talent in dance, and won many awards. She was conferred Kalathilakam in Kerala Youth Festival for 2 years. At the age of 17, she debuted in the film Sakshyam (1995). Later at the age of 18, she acted in the movie Sallapam (1996), co-starring actor Dileep, whom she later married. Since then, she acted in around 20 Malayalam movies over a span of three years. She has won numerous awards.
Her performance in the movie Kannezhuthi Pottum Thottu won a special mention from the jury for National Film Awards. Her other films include Kanmadam and Aaraam Thampuran, Ee Puzhayum Kadannu and Kudamattam with her husband Dileep, Summer In Bethlahem, Pranayavarnangal, Pathram and Kaliyattam with Suresh Gopi, Irattakuttikalude Achan, Kaliveedu, Thooval Kottaram and Krishnagudiyil Oru Pranayakalathu.
She married actor Dileep. After her marriage with Dileep, she retired from the film industry.
In 2011, she appeared in the promotion event for the movie Gaddama alongside Samyuktha Varma. In 2012 October 24, she performed Kuchipudi in Guruvayur Sree Krishna Temple. Later in July 2013, she acted in a commercial with Amitabh Bachchan. Her comeback announcement was greeted with much fanfare by fans and the media. In a subsequent interview, Manju Warrier thanked her fans for welcoming her back to the industry and described the opportunity to work with Mr. Bachchan as one of the most memorable experiences of her life. It was announced that she would make a come back to the Malayalam film industry after a long break of 14 years through Ranjith's untitle project alongside with Mohanlal, but this project did not materialise.
Manju Warrier was recently the cynosure of attention as she received the book penned by her friend and actress Navya Nair. Navya has written Navayarasangal and the first copy was received by Manju Warrier from the hands of veteran poet and activist Sugathakumari. Manju Warrier mesmerised the audience in Calicut when she presented a Kuchipudi recital as part of the tribute ceremony of late Mullasseri Raju. She recently published a book titled Sallapam.
She made her much awaited return to cinema with Rosshan Andrrews's How Old Are You in 2014. Manju played the character of Nirupama Rajeev, a UD clerk in Revenue Department. The film earned positive reviews from critics and has been received exceptionally well by the audiences. She has a slew of other film projects announced.
- 1997 - Best Actress - Aaraam Thampuran,Krishnagudiyil Oru Pranayakalathu
- 1996 - Best Actress - Ee Puzhayum Kadannu
Film Fans Awards
- 1996 - Best Actress - Thooval Kottaram
- "Double Delight". Malayala Manorama. Retrieved 17 August 2014.
- "Manju embraces the pen, with élan". Malayala Manorama. 4 October 2013. Archived from the original on 13 October 2013.
- "It's Mohanlal v/s Manju Warrier this weekend". Rediff.com. 21 May 2014. Retrieved 2014-05-21.
- "Rahman bags 12th Filmfare award". Pvv.ntnu.no. Retrieved 2013-10-19.
- "Sakshyam IMDB Page". Retrieved 2010-05-06.
- "Manju Warrier back on stage after 14 years, The Hindu". Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- "Manju Warrier ‘stages’ a comeback, The New Indian Express". Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- "Return of the star dancer, Manoramaonline". Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- "മഞ്ജു വാര്യര് ക്യാമറക്കുമുന്നില് തിരിച്ചെത്തി, The Indian Reader". Retrieved 2013-07-15.
- "മലയാള സിനിമാ ആസ്വാദകര്ക്ക് ഇനി ആശ്വാസ നെടുവീര്പ്പിടാം, മഞ്ചു വാര്യരുടെ രണ്ടാമൂഴത്തിന് തുടക്കമായി, The Indian Reader". Retrieved 2013-07-16.
- "Manju Warrier - Why its a Comeback We'd love to see"
- kerala.cinemalead.com (2013-09-12). "Manju Warrier receives the first copy of Navya's book - Manju Warrier Receives The First Copy Of Navyas Book- Actress Navya Nair- Navya Nair Released- Navayarasangal- Sugathakumari- Manju Warrier- Manju Warrier Received- Abhaya- Navya Open Minded Girl - AK Muneer- Olive Publications". kerala.cinemalead.com. Retrieved 2013-10-19.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Manju Warrier.|
- Official website
- Manju Warrier at the Internet Movie Database
- Manju Warrier on Facebook
- Manju Warrier on Facebook
- Manju Warrier on Twitter
- Songs by Manju Warrier