|Elevation||17.24 m (56.56 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||WB 16 & 18|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Hooghly|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Chandannagar|
Mankundu is a small suburb town under greater Kolkata. The name Mankundu comes from a prehistoric era when King Man Singh sent a few soldiers to defeat the then mog dacoits in 17th era. The soldier team camped here and dug a few water bowls in the soil. Thus Mankundu name come in force. Mankundu situated in Latitude: 22°84'N & Longitude: 88°34'E. It is served by a railway station by its own name in Howrah-Bandel main line section.
- Mankundu, the name itself is popular for idiomatic use in common conversation jesting someone to mental hospital. The 'Mankundu Mental Hospital', popular for its outstanding contribution treating mentally challenged.
- 'Khan-er Bagan' which is situated just opposite of the Mankundu station on Altara popular for Mangoes and Aambagan (mango trees). Specially termed as Khan-der Bagan. During winter picnic seasons people from different regions of west Bengal come every year to picnic. Mankundu Station Road is connected to Delhi Road as well as with G.T. Road.
- Khan Family is the reputed zaminders from the past hold most of the areas of Mankundu and a very well known family of Mankundu. They had their own large garden of mango trees just beside the railway station and also had their own Durga Temple which known as Khan-der Thakur Bari where everyday a daily puja is performed and also celebrate at the time of Durga Puja Festival with all of their families and all neighbours of Mankundu.
- Mankundu Sporting Club is the club of all the peoples of Mankundu besides all other clubs. They had facility of Multi-gym for both girls & boys and also has a twin lodge for parties like anniversary, wedding ceremony, birthdays etc. They had their own play grounds where they perform cricket matches, football matches, annual sports every year for the people of Mankundu. They also celebrate festival like Durga Puja, Saraswati Puja, Independence Day, and specially The Jagadhatri Puja which is mostly famous in chandannagar, Mankundu & Bhadreshwar.
- Mankundu has an AICTE affiliated engineering college named Supreme Knowledge Foundation Group of Institutions.
There is a famous temples like Maa Durga specially known as Khan-der Thakur Bari since 17th century situated just 500m away from Mankundu Railway Station towards G.T. Road, Shiv Mandir situated just 600m away from Mankundu Railway Station towards G.T. Road, Maa Kali Mandir situated just 600m away from Mankundu Railway Station towards G.T. Road and Maa Bisalakkhi situated at village Altara just 1.2 km away from Mankundu Railway Station towards Delhi Road. A daily Puja is performed there every day at 8am and 8pm . the connecting road that leads to G.T. Road and Delhi Road becomes busy daily at day and night.
Amrakunja is the picnic spot at the middle of the garden where many people from different places come here to enjoy specially at the time of winter season. Jagaddhatri puja which is followed by Durga puja and Kaali Puja is also an inherent part of Mankundu festival seasons.The place is also famous for pioneer Jalbhara Sandesh