Manly West, Queensland
|Population||11,195 (2011 census)|
|Location||16 km (10 mi) from Brisbane GPO|
|LGA(s)||City of Brisbane|
|State electorate(s)||Electoral district of Lytton
Electoral district of Chatsworth
|Federal Division(s)||Division of Bonner|
Manly West is one suburb inland from the bay and the most common style of housing in the area is modern, low-set brick houses. It is 16 kilometres (9.9 mi) east of the CBD.
In the 2011 Census the population of Manly West is 11,195, 52% female and 48% male. The median/average age of the Manly West population is 38 years of age, 1 year above the Australian average. 78.1% of people living in Manly West were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were England 4.9%, New Zealand 4.8%, South Africa 0.9%, Scotland 0.7%, Philippines 0.5%. 91.4% of people speak English as their first language 0.4% German, 0.3% Tagalog, 0.3% Japanese, 0.3% Arabic, 0.3% Spanish.
Over 47% of households in this area consist of a couple with children and a further 35% are couples without children. Stand alone house account for 87% of all dwellings in this area, with townhouses accounting for a further 10%.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Manly West, Qld (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 24 October 2013.
- Brisbane Suburb: Manly West - History of Manly West - ourbrisbane.com
- "Mobile library services". Brisbane City Council. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- ourbrisbane.com website, Manly West section: Archived at the Wayback Machine
- University of Queensland: Queensland Places: Manly West
|This article about a place in Brisbane is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|