October 20, 1967 |
|Occupation||Poet, Script writer for Indian Classical Dance,
|Subjects||Post modernism, Realism,|
Manmohan Acharya is a poet and lyricist from India. He is also a researcher and published author. His contribution appears significant by inspiring the classical dance, Odissi, for the first time to enter into Bollywood with his lucid Sanskrit lyrics.
His Gita-Milindam contains 15 gunjans (songs) in different melodious rhythms. Manomohan Acharya speaks for the common mass. His creative technique suggests his attitude to life. Looking at his off-beat themes, none can deny that he is projecting the voice of the mass and hence is a postmodern poet. A devotional song from his Gitamohanam  is included in the 2009 movie, The Desire. He authored many Sanskrit poetry to his credit. Some worth-mentioning are Gita-bhaaratam, Palli-panchaasika (Khandakavya), subhasa-charitam (Mahakavya), Sri Sivananda-Laharika (Philosophical Kavya) and Yati-giti-satakam (Sataka-kavya). As a playwright, Manomohan Acharya has written many dance dramas, including Arjuna-Pratijnaa, Shrita-kamalam, Pada-pallavam, Divya-Jayadevam, Pingalaa, Mrtyu, Sthitaprajnah, Tantram, Purva-sakuntalam, Uttara-sakuntalam and Raavanah.
Early life and education
Manmohan Acharya was born in the village Lathanga in Jagatsinghpur district in Orissa, India in 1967. He was born in a Sanskrit family of Lathanga, Orissa of parents Pandit Mayadhar Acharya and Parvati Devi.
Manomohan Acharya has contributed a lot to modern Sanskrit literature both as Poet and Play-wright.
- Gitamohanam. 7 of the songs were adapted for the Bhakti Sangeeta C.D. of International Prajnan Mission; a devotional song is included in the 2009 movie The Desire.
- Gita-bhaaratam(lyrics). Compilation of patriotic songs.
Lyrical Sanskrit poetry ‘Gita-bharatam’ is very much amazing. This literary document is meant to express the glory of the great India. This kavya contains 10 numbers of sweet patriotic songs. In this poetry. somewhere the literary style of Jayadeva is traced and somewhere the Raagas and Taalas of Oriya heritage have become the tune of this kavya. Above all the literary style of Manmohan is unique. He posed Sanskrit language as a world glory through his literature. In his melodious song, Madhura-bhaaratam, Sweet India the poet comprehend each particle of India a sweet one.
- Gita milindam (lyrics)
- Palli-panchaasika. (Khandakavya)
Palli-panchasika is a Khandakavya written by Acharya Manmohan published in the year 1987. Dr. Acharya successfully added a new kavya of Panchasika type to the treasury of Sanskrit literature. This work basically describes the external nature of pallis, the villages and the internal natural expression of a son towards his mother, who lives abroad.
- subhasa-charitam (Mahakavya)
- Sri Sivananda-Laharika (Philosophical Kavya)
- Arjuna-Pratijnaa 
- Divya-Jayadevam 
- Sistaachaara (Book)
- Maagha And Bhanja in Picture Poetry(Book)
- Indian Trend of Human Rights
- An Algebraic Operation in Vedic Mathematics ;
- Sharadindu-sundara-ruchih devi, Vani vaa Shakti-ruupini ;
- Sixty Four Arts, A Study ;
- Contribution of Sanskrit in Advancement of Oriya Language ;
- An Encyclopedic Dictionary Of Yajurvedic Upanishads (Book)
- Vedic Research In Orissa during 20th Century ;
- Mind in Shiva-samkalpa hymn, A psycho-philosophical Analysis
- Bhaarata-pamkaja-dalamidam Utkal-mandala-miti viditam yat ;
- Description of Heart in Upanisads
- Concept of Human Rights in Vedic Tradition;
- Vedic Trend of Human Rights vrs. Varna- Ashrama System ;
- Financial Emergency : Kautilya's Arthashastra vis-a-vis Indian Constitution;
- Kavivara- Bhaarata-varsham Shrauta-puraatanamaarsham ;
- Tarka Vaachaspati Madhusudan Mishra, A study
- Map of Puranic India
- Sanskrit Eloquency Award, Vikram University, Ujjain, M.P.,1990
- Vanikavi Award from Vanivinodi Parishad, Utkal University,1991
- Doctor of Philosophy from Sri Jagannath Sanskrit University, 2003
- Gita-Saarasa Award from Christ College, Cuttack administration,05.02.2005
- Delhi Sanskrit Academy Award for instant poem writing, 2007
- Ananda Bharadvaja Sammanah, 2007
- Lokakavyanidhi Award,from All India Lokabhasa Prachara Samiti,Puri, 2008
- Bharata-Bharati-Samman from National Sanskrit Sahitya Academy, 2009
- Abhinava Jayadeva Samman, 2009,Bhaktakavi Sri Jayadeva Samaroha samiti
- Sanskrit Sangeet Nataka Academy Award, 2010
- Fellowship of Vachaspati from SARASWATI Research Institute
- Chinta Chetana National Baisakhi Award, 2012
- Song of the Bumblebee
- "Jayadeva Restructured: Gitamilindam" by Ananta Ch. Sukla, JOURNAL OF COMPARATIVE LITERATURE AND AESTHETICS
- Gitamohanam (Compilation of Devotional Songs)
- "Odissi dance to feature in Bollywood film 'The Desire". Kalinga Times. 27 January 2009. Retrieved 22 July 2010.[dead link]
- Panda, Namita (14 September 2011). "Curtains on music, dance festival". The Telegraph (Calcutta, India).
- "A time to remember: The Guru Kelucharan Mohapatra Award festival in Bhubaneswar". The Hindu. 26 September 2008. Retrieved 22 July 2010.
- Dahale, Kirti. "Review: Guru Kelucharan Mohapatra Award Festival 2008". Nathaka.com. Retrieved 22 July 2010.
- Panda, Namita (7 September 2010). "Spirit of homage". The Telegraph (Calcutta, India).
- Shishtaachaara,pub.Jayadev Institute Of Oriental Research,Cuttack,1999,
- Bahitra,Bhanja Research Journal, Bhanjanagar, Orissa,1998
- Proceedings of World Sanskrit Conference, Vol-1, Part-II, Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rastriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha(Deemed University), New Delhi-110016,
- Proceedings of Research Papers, IX Sessional Conference, 2000, All Orissa Association of College Teachers in Sanskrit, Page-45
- Vasundharaa, Research Journal, Orissa Sanskrit Academy, Bhubaneswar, Vol-II, Page-46, 2003
- Dharitri, XXXth Annual Edition, 2003, page-25
- The Samaj, Oriya Daily, Dt.10.08.2003
- Published by K.Mohapatra, Advocate, Orissa High Court, Cuttack, 2005
- Souvenir, XXXIIth All India Oriental Conference, Sampurnananda Sanskrit University, Varanasi, 2004
- Proceedings of U.G.C. Seminar, G.S.College, Athagarh, India, 2008
- The Samaj, Oriya Daily, Sunday Special Issue, Dt.14.03.2004
- Samskruta Mandaakini, Lokabhasa Prachara Samiti, 2007, Page-69
- Proceedings of U.G.C. Seminar,Udala College, Mayurbhanj, India, 2006
- Vanamala, Research Journal of Shrirangam, Kaviraja Banamali Das Commemoration Volume, 2009, page-76
- The Samaj, Oriya Daily, Sunday Special Issue, Dt.25.02.2007
- Vanajyostna, Annual Journal, Banki Autonomous College, India, 2001-2002
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Manmohan Acharya.|