Manolo Badrena (born March 1952 in Puerto Rico) is a percussionist most noted for his work with Weather Report from 1976 to 1977. He has made contributions to over 100 recordings that span jazz, world music, pop, and Latin music. Badrena has played with The Zawinul Syndicate, the Rolling Stones, Mezzoforte, Joni Mitchell, Spyro Gyra, Art Blakey, Bill Evans, Steve Khan, Carla Bley, Talking Heads, Blondie, Michael Franks, Ahmad Jamal, and others.
Badrena currently lives in Fair View, New Jersey. He is the leader (drums, percussion, guitar, vocals) of the Latin jazz band Trio Mundo.
|This section requires expansion. (May 2012)|
With Ahmad Jamal
- Rossiter Road (Atlantic, 1986)
- The Essence Part One (Birdology, 1995)
- Big Byrd: The Essence Part 2 (Birdology, 1995)
- The Blue Moon (JazzVillage, 2012 )
- A Day with Manolo Badrena, interview by Alex Pertout
- Review of Trio Mundo's 2004 album, "Rides Again".
- Meinl Percussion Artist Manolo Badrena, USA
- Weather Report @ MySpace
- Weather Report "Teen Town" live video w/ Badrena from Midnight Special
- Video of Badrena solo with Gustavo Casenave Trio
- Video of Vicki Genfan CD Release Party w/ Manolo Badrena
- http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B001L9EXPM/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1 Review of Manolo DVD - All that Percussion