|Key architects||Luis M. Mansilla
Emilio Tuñon Álvarez
Auditorio Ciudad de León
Museo Provincial de Zamora
|Projects||International Convention Center of the City of Madrid
Museo de Cantabria
Museo de las Colecciones Reales
|Awards||European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture (Mies van der Rohe Award) (2007)
Premio de Arquitectura Española (Spanish Architecture Prize) (2003)
Mansilla+Tuñón Arquitectos is a Spanish architecture firm founded in Madrid in 1992 by Luis M. Mansilla (Madrid, 1959–2012) and Emilio Tuñón Álvarez (born also in Madrid, 1958).
Perhaps their most famous work to date is the MUSAC of León, Spain, the building that won the 2007 European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture. They have also won the public competitions to build the C.I.C.C.M. New Convention Palace in Madrid (2007), as well as the Museo de las Colecciones Reales (Spanish Royal Collections Museum), also in Madrid.
They are teachers at the ETSAM school in Madrid and have taught at the Graduate School of Design in Harvard University, the EPFL in Lausanne, the Nueva Escuela de Arquitectura in Puerto Rico, the Städelschule in Frankfurt am Main, and currently at the School of Architecture at Princeton University.
Their works has been widely published and exhibited in some of the most prestigious magazines, book editions and museums in the world. In 2009 they directed the Biennial X of Spanish Architecture.
- Relais & Châteaux Atrio in Cáceres, Spain (2010)
- Helga de Alvear Foundation – Visual Arts Center in Cáceres, Spain (2010)
- Lalín Town Hall, Spain (2010)
- Twin Houses in Tarifa, Spain (2009)
- Pedro Barrié de la Maza Foundation in Vigo, Spain (2005)
- Castilla y León Museum of Contemporary Art (MUSAC) in León, Spain (2004)
- Joaquín Leguina Regional Library and Madrid Regional Archives rehabilitation of the former El Águila brewery in Madrid, Spain (2002)
- Ciudad de León Auditorium in León, Spain (2002)
- Fine Arts Museum of Castellón, Spain (2000)
- San Fernando de Henares Swimming Center in Madrid, Spain (1998)
- Regional Museum of Zamora, Spain (1996)
- Vega Baja Museum in Toledo: Toletum Visigodo, Spain (2010)
- Energy Dome in the Environmental City of Soria, Spain (2008)
- Museum of Automotion in Madrid, Spain (2008)
- Museum of Migrations in Algeciras, Spain (2007)
- International Convention Center of the City of Madrid, Spain (2007)
- Helga de Alvear Foundation - Arts Center in Cáceres, Spain (2005)
- Lalín Town Hall, Spain (2004)
- Public Library in Artistas street in Madrid, Spain (2003)
- Masterplan of Valbuena in Logroño, Spain (2003)
- Museum of Cantabria, Spain (2002)
- Royal Collections Museum in Madrid, Spain (2002)
- Museum of Sanfermines, Spain (2001)
- Contemporary Culture Center in Brescia, Italy (2000)
- Fine Arts Museum of Castellón, Spain (1997)
- Ciudad de León Auditorium, Spain (1996)
- Arts and Culture Regional Center of Madrid in the former El Águila brewery (1995)
Recognition and awards
- FAD award 2011.
- A plus award (2011)
- European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture (Mies van der Rohe Award) 2007 (for the MUSAC).
- FAD award 2007.
- VIA award 2006.
- Enor award 2005.
- Spanish Architecture Prize 2003.
- COAM award 2003.
- FAD award 2001.
- COACV award 2000.
- Excellent Work award 2000.
- CEOE Foundation award1997.
- Architecti award 1996.
- Mansilla + Tuñón arquitectos 1992-2012, "El Croquis", nº 161, San Lorenzo de El Escorial, Madrid, 2012
- Antonello Marotta, Mansilla + Tuñón, Edilstampa, Roma, Italia, 2012
- Concello de Lalín, o Castro Tecnolóxico. Ed. Concello de Lalín. Pontevedra, España, 2011
- Mansilla + Tuñón 1992–2011. AV Monografías nº144, Madrid, España, 2010
- Mansilla + Tuñón arquitectos, in "El Croquis", nº 149, (I), San Lorenzo de El Escorial, Madrid, 2010
- Mansilla + Tuñón arquitectos, in "El Croquis", nº 136–137, (III-IV), San Lorenzo de El Escorial, Madrid, 2007
- Patricia Molins. Mansilla + Tuñón dal 1992. Ed. Electa, Milan, Italia, 2007
- Luis Mansilla, Luis Rojo y Emilio Tuñón. Escritos Circenses. Ed. Gustavo Gili, Barcelona, España, 2005
- Mansilla + Tuñón, Obra reciente, in "2G", nº 27, Ed. Gustavo Gili, Barcelona, España, 2003
Relais & Châteaux Atrio
Mansilla + Tuñón