|No. 9 – Lokomotiv Kuban Krasnodar|
|League||VTB United League
6 September 1986 |
|Listed height||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Listed weight||205 lb (93 kg)|
|NBA draft||2008 / Undrafted|
|Pro playing career||2006–present|
|2012–present||Lokomotiv Kuban Krasnodar|
|Career highlights and awards|
Mantas Kalnietis (born 6 September 1986) is a Lithuanian professional basketball player for Lokomotiv Kuban Krasnodar of the VTB United League. He is also a member of the Lithuanian national basketball team. He prefers the point guard position, but can play shooting guard as well.
Kalnietis helped Žalgiris win a Baltic League title in 2008, two Lithuanian League titles in 2007 and 2008 and two Lithuanian Cups in 2007 and 2008. He also led the team to a 2007 ULEB Summer League title, where he was named MVP.
Kalnietis had a breakout season in 2008–09, when he averaged 11.3 points in the Lithuanian League and 8.5 points and 3.0 assists in the Euroleague. He scored a career-high 20 points in a loss against the Montepaschi Siena on 10 December 2008.
Kalnietis signed a three-year contract with the Benetton Treviso in June 2009. However, because he has another one-year contract with Žalgiris Kaunas, FIBA arbiter's decided that he belongs to Žalgiris. On 27 December 2010 he signed a three-year extension with his hometown club Žalgiris Kaunas. In October 2012, however, he announced that he's interested in playing abroad for the first time in Russia's Lokomotiv Kuban Krasnodar. On October 5, he signed a three-year contract with the team. On December 18, 2013, Kalnietis was named Lithuania Basketball Player Of The Year.
Lithuanian national team
Kalnietis started at point guard for the Lithuanian national basketball team that finished seventh in the 2006 World Championship. He averaged 6.0 points and 2.8 assists. He also played at the 2010 FIBA World Championship as a starter and won a bronze medal. He led Lithuania national team during EuroBasket 2013 to silver medals averaging 12.1 points and 5 assists per game (best result in championship).
- "Mantas Kalnietis". BasketNews.lt.
- "Mantas Kalnietis: Miscellaneous". Euroleague.net. 6 September 1986.
- Mantas Kalnietis: Notes
- "2008 Reebok Eurocamp in Treviso, Day Two". Draftexpress.com.
- "Mantas Kalnietis: Sezono lygos statistika". Basketnews.lt. 6 September 1986.
- "Mantas Kalnietis signs with Benetton Treviso". Eurobasket.lt. 20 August 2008.
- Mantas Kalnietis to Benetton Treviso for 3 years[dead link]
- "BENETTON TREVISO signs guard Mantas Kalnietis". Sportando.net.
- FIBA arbiter's decision: Mantas Kalnietis – Zalgiris Kaunas player.[dead link]
- "ZALGIRIS, Kalnietis agree for 3 more years". Euroleague.net. 27 December 2010.
- Geriausi 2013 metų Lietuvos krepšininkai – M. Kalnietis ir L. Pikčiutė! (Lithuanian)
- Players - Statistical Leaders (assists), EuroBasket2013.com (English)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mantas Kalnietis.|