Manteno Township, Kankakee County, Illinois
|Established||March 12, 1855|
|• Supervisor||Alan Williams|
|• Total||36.68 sq mi (95.0 km2)|
|• Land||36.58 sq mi (94.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2) 0.27%|
|Elevation||689 ft (210 m)|
|• Density||305.8/sq mi (118.1/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60468, 60914, 60950|
|GNIS feature ID||0429320|
Manteno Township[pronunciation?] is one of seventeen townships in Kankakee County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 11,185 and it contained 4,525 housing units. It was formed from Rockville Township on March 12, 1855.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.68 square miles (95.0 km2), of which 36.58 square miles (94.7 km2) (or 99.73%) is land and 0.1 square miles (0.26 km2) (or 0.27%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Peotone Township, Will County (north)
- Will Township, Will County (northeast)
- Sumner Township (east)
- Ganeer Township (southeast)
- Bourbonnais Township (south)
- Rockville Township (west)
The township contains these three cemeteries: Elmwood, Saint Joseph and State Hospital.
Airports and landing strips
- Brandt Airport
- Brandt Landing Strip
- Phipps Airport
- Spangler Airport
- Heritage Park
The township is governed by an elected Town Board of a Supervisor and four Trustees. The Township also has an elected Assessor, Clerk, Highway Commissioner and Supervisor. The Township Office is located at 452 Water Tower South, Manteno, IL 60950.
- Illinois' 11th congressional district
- State House District 79
- State Senate District 40
- Manteno Community Unit School District 5
- "Manteno Township, Kankakee County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-02-20.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.