Manteno Township, Kankakee County, Illinois
|— Township —|
|Established||March 12, 1855|
|• Supervisor||Alan Williams|
|• Total||36.76 sq mi (95.2 km2)|
|• Land||36.66 sq mi (94.96 km2)|
|• Water||0.09 sq mi (0.24 km2) 0.25%|
|Elevation||689 ft (210 m)|
|• Density||214/sq mi (82.6/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60468, 60914, 60950|
|GNIS feature ID||0429320|
Manteno Township[pronunciation?] is one of seventeen townships in Kankakee County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2000 census, its population was 7,846, which makes it the third largest township in the county. It was formed from Rockville Township on March 12, 1855.
Manteno Township is in the northern tier of townships in the county. According to the United States Census Bureau, Manteno Township covers an area of 36.76 square miles (95.2 km2); of this, 36.66 square miles (94.9 km2) (99.75 percent) is land and 0.09 square miles (0.23 km2) (0.25 percent) is water.
Cities, towns, villages 
Adjacent townships 
- Peotone Township, Will County (north)
- Will Township, Will County (northeast)
- Sumner Township (east)
- Ganeer Township (southeast)
- Bourbonnais Township (south)
- Rockville Township (west)
The township contains these three cemeteries: Elmwood, Saint Joseph and State Hospital.
Major highways 
Airports and landing strips 
- Brandt Airport
- Brandt Landing Strip
- Phipps Airport
- Spangler Airport
- Heritage Park
The township is governed by an elected Town Board of a Supervisor and four Trustees. The Township also has an elected Assessor, Clerk, Highway Commissioner and Supervisor. The Township Office is located at 452 Water Tower South, Manteno, IL 60950.
Political districts 
- Illinois' 11th congressional district
- State House District 79
- State Senate District 40
School districts 
- Manteno Community Unit School District 5
- "Manteno Township, Kankakee County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-02-20.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas