|Directed by||Tripp Reed|
|Produced by||Jeffery Beach, Phillip Roth|
|Written by||John Werner|
|Music by||David C. Williams|
|Editing by||David Flores, Tripp Reed|
|Original channel||Sci-Fi Channel|
|Release date||November 26, 2005|
|Running time||88 minutes|
Manticore is a Sci-Fi original movie that aired on the Sci-Fi Channel on November 26, 2005. It was directed by Tripp Reed and featured Heather Donahue, Chase Masterson and Robert Beltran. It is about a squad of United States Army soldiers in Iraq that must fight against a resurrected, nearly unstoppable manticore awoken from its slumber by an Iraqi insurgent leader.
United States Army soldiers with the 10th Mountain Division stationed in Iraq are sent on a search to look for missing journalists. They come to a small Iraqi town and find a man-eating monster instead. The soldiers find out that the residents of the town are dead and discover a living "Weapon of Mass Destruction", a Manticore. The Manticore was awakened from its long slumber by an Iraqi insurgent leader wanting to rid the country of foreign occupation forces at any price. The Manticore goes on a killing rampage and soon, the only ones left are Baxter, Keats, and Ashley Pierce. The Manticore kills Ashley by spitting acid on her face before eating her alive, but Baxter and Keats manage to kill it with a camcorder and a sledgehammer.
- Robert Beltran as Master Sergeant Tony Baxter
- Heather Donahue as Corporal Keats
- Chase Masterson as Ashley Pierce
- Jeff Fahey as Major Spence Kramer
- A. J. Buckley as Private Sulley
- Michail Elenov as Fathi
- Edmund Druilhet as Sergeant Cohen
- Jonas Talkington as Mouth
- Richard Gnolfo as John Busey
- Jeff M. Lewis as Ortiz
- Faran Tahir as Umari
- Jason Buchanan. "Manticore (2005)". New York Times. New York Times. Retrieved 2009-06-04.