||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012)|
|Occupation||Script and dialogue writer, actor|
Manu Rishi (Hindi: मनु ऋषि) is an Indian film actor, lyricist, script and dialogue writer. Manu Rishi trained under theatre director Arvind Gaur for six years. He won the Filmfare Best Dialogue Award, 2009 for Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! He also won the IIFA Best Dialogue award for Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!
Manu Rishi Chadha started his acting career in Delhi with the Asmita theatre group. He has acted in more than 40 plays with director Arvind Gaur. His major plays are Girish Karnad's Rakt Kalyan, Mahesh Dattani's Final Solutions, Swadesh Deepak’s Court Martial, William Shakespeare's Julius Caesar (play), Dharamvir Bharati's Andha Yug, Dario Fo's Accidental Death of an Anarchist, Eugene O'Neill's Desire Under the Elms etc.
- Kya Dilli Kya Lahore (2014) - Samarth Pratap Shastri
- Ankhon Dekhi (2014) - Sharmaji
- Ekk Deewana Tha (2012)
- Soundtrack (2011) - Doctor
- Band Baaja Baraat (2010)- Guest appearance as Inspector
- Phas Gaye Re Obama (2010)- Anni
- Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! (2008) - Bangali
- Mithya (2008)
- Ek Chalis Ki Last Local (2007)
- Mixed Doubles (2006) - Zoravar
- Raghu Romeo (2003) - Zahid
- Saathiya (2002) - Doctor
"Manu Rishi, as the sidekick, is the surprise packet in Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!. He was also responsible for the dialogue that’s as delicious as chicken tikka... " - Khalid Mohammad (Hindustan Times)
- Times Reporter (2009-03-01). "Filmfare 2009:'Jodha.'bags 5,Priyanka, Hrithik shine". The Times of India. Retrieved 2009-03-01.
- Sites.google.com. "Asmita Theatre Alumni List". Retrieved 2009-03-01.
- "IMDb". Retrieved 2014-05-05.
- Khalid Mohamed, (2008-11-29). "Review Oye Luckey - Ha ha OK please". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 2009-03-01.
- "Manu Rishi to pen Anil Kapoor's 'Ayesha'". 3 September 2009. Retrieved 28 November 2009.
- Khalid Mohammed (November 29, 2008). "Ha ha OK please". Hindustan Times.
|This article about an Indian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|