Manu del Moral
Manu in action for Sevilla in 2011
|Full name||Manuel del Moral Fernández|
|Date of birth||25 February 1984|
|Place of birth||Jaén, Spain|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Eibar (on loan from Sevilla)|
|2002–2006||Atlético Madrid B||71||(11)|
|2004–2005||→ Recreativo (loan)||33||(4)|
|2013–2014||→ Elche (loan)||24||(2)|
|2014–||→ Eibar (loan)||6||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 24 November 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Manu was born in Jaén, Andalusia. After starting his formation with local Real Jaén he finished it with Atlético de Madrid, where he played alongside Braulio, and served a one 1/2-season loan in the second division at Recreativo de Huelva, only appearing in five matches with one goal during his first year.
Manu joined Madrid neighbours Getafe CF for the 2006–07 season, scoring his first top flight goal on 22 October 2006 in a 2–1 success at precisely Recre, finishing the season with eight (squad's second-best, behind Daniel Güiza). The following campaign he teamed up again with Braulio, and scored seven during the league campaign – joint-top scorer alongside Juan Albín – while also helping the Madrid outskirts team to the quarterfinals of the UEFA Cup.
The arrival of Roberto Soldado relegated del Moral to a more secondary role in 2008–09, but he still appeared in 29 league contests, operating mostly on the wings. On 24 January 2010, he scored the game's only goal as Getafe defeated former side Atlético Madrid for the first time at home in its history; on 7 November, after netting in a 1–3 home loss against FC Barcelona, he became the club's best-ever scorer in the top division for the second time, surpassing precisely Soldado.
On 14 March 2011 Manu scored three goals against Athletic Bilbao in only 25 minutes, one in his own net, in an eventual 2–2 home draw. He finished the season with a career-best nine goals, as Getafe narrowly avoided relegation.
On 23 May 2011 del Moral signed a four-year contract with Sevilla FC, for €4 million. Following the departure of winger Diego Capel and the ageing of striker Frédéric Kanouté, he was immediately cast into his new team's starting XI. On 25 October, he hit an injury-time header to earn his side one point at home against Racing de Santander (2–2) – he had also opened the score late into the first half.
- Spain U20
- Spain U23
- As of 30 August 2014
- Cómo se 'fabrica' un Manu del Moral (How to 'make' a Manu del Moral); Ideal, 21 January 2008 (Spanish)
- Manu haunts old club; ESPN Soccernet, 24 January 2010
- Manu, máximo goleador en la historia del Getafe (Manu, top goal scorer in Getafe history); Diario AS, 7 November 2010 (Spanish)
- Vera rescues point for Bilbao; ESPN Soccernet, 14 March 2011
- Official: Sevilla sign Manu del Moral and Piotr Trochowski; Goal.com, 23 May 2011
- Manu salvages point for Sevilla; ESPN Soccernet, 25 October 2011
- Manu double downs Racing; ESPN Soccernet, 22 March 2012
- Sevilla cruise to victory; ESPN Soccernet, 26 March 2012
- Manu wins first Spain call-up; ESPN Soccernet, 25 May 2011
- "Manu del Moral". Soccerway. Retrieved 26 February 2014.
- Sevilla official profile
- BDFutbol profile
- Futbolme profile (Spanish)
- National team data
- Manu del Moral at National-Football-Teams.com
- Manu del Moral – FIFA competition record