The Manual for Courts-Martial (MCM) is the official guide to the conduct of Courts-martial in the United States military. An Executive Order of the President of the United States, the MCM details and expands on the military law in the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ). The MCM contains 5 parts plus 27 appendices.
- Part I is the Preamble, which gives background and jurisdictional information
- Part II explains the Rules for Courts-martial (Rules 101 through 1306)
- Part III lays out the Military Rules of Evidence (Rules 101 through 1103)
- Part IV sets forth the elements and punishments of offenses (Punitive Articles, paragraphs 101 through 113)
- Part V provides guidelines for the imposition of non-judicial punishment (NJP)
- Appendices provide the Constitution of the United States, the UCMJ itself, analysis of the Parts, historical Executive Orders, forms, etc.
See also 
External links