Manual of Love
|Manual of Love|
|Directed by||Giovanni Veronesi|
|Produced by||Aurelio De Laurentiis|
|Written by||Vincenzo Cerami
|Music by||Paolo Buonvino|
|Edited by||Claudio Di Mauro|
|March 18, 2005|
Manual of Love (Italian: Manuale d'amore) is a 2005 Italian blockbuster romantic comedy film in four quartets. It was directed by Giovanni Veronesi, who made two sequels, Manuale d'amore 2 – Capitoli successivi in 2007, and Manuale d'amore 3 in 2011.
Each of the four episodes follows a different couple, focusing on a particular stage of a typical love relationship:
- Innamoramento (falling in love): Giulia and Tommaso (Jasmine Trinca and Silvio Muccino) meet and fall in love;
- Crisi (crisis): Barbara e Marco (Margherita Buy and Sergio Rubini) are a couple going through a crisis, close to divorce;
- Tradimento (cheating): A traffic police woman (Luciana Littizzetto) is cheated on by her husband and takes revenge;
- Abbandono (break-up): Goffredo (Carlo Verdone) is a rich doctor abandoned by his wife.
The characters in the movie are all related in one way or another, and each transition brings background characters from a previous episode to be the protagonists of the next episode. The film is set in Rome.
- Carlo Verdone: Goffredo
- Luciana Littizzetto: Ornella
- Silvio Muccino: Tommaso
- Sergio Rubini: Marco
- Margherita Buy: Barbara
- Jasmine Trinca: Giulia
- Rodolfo Corsato: Alberto Marchese
- Dino Abbrescia: Gabriele
- Dario Bandiera: Piero
- Luis Molteni: avvocato di Goffredo
- Sabrina Impacciatore: Luciana
- Anita Caprioli: Livia
- Francesco Mandelli: Dante
- 2 Nastro d'Argento: Best Supporting Actor (Carlo Verdone), Best Screenplay.
- 2 David di Donatello Best Supporting Actor (Carlo Verdone), Best Supporting Actress (Margherita Buy).
|This film article about a 2000s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to an Italian film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|