Manuel Lanzarote Bruno
|Full name||Manuel Lanzarote Bruno|
|Date of birth||20 January 1984|
|Place of birth||Barcelona, Spain|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2006||→ Atlético Madrid B (loan)||12||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18 May 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Barcelona, Catalonia, Lanzarote finished his formation with FC Barcelona, and played his first three years as a senior with the C and B-teams. In the 2005 summer he joined neighbouring UE Lleida in Segunda División, but after being sparingly used in the first part of the season, he moved to Atlético Madrid B on loan in January 2006.
Lanzarote returned to Els Blaus in June, but after again seeing limited playing time he joined fellow third-divisioner Real Oviedo in January 2007. After being relegated with the Asturians, he signed for UE Sant Andreu in Tercera División.
Lanzarote scored eight goals in his first year with his new club, helping it return to the third level at the first attempt. In his second he netted 14 times, but the team missed a second consecutive promotion in the play-offs.
On 19 August 2010 Lanzarote joined CD Atlético Baleares, also in the third level. Twelve days later he rescinded his contract and moved to SD Eibar in the same category, after paying his release clause of €20,000 himself.
After scoring 11 times for the Armeros, Lanzarote signed with CE Sabadell in division two. On 27 August 2011 he played his first match as a professional in nearly six years, starting in a 2–1 home success over SD Huesca; his first goal came on 26 October, in a 2–2 draw at Xerez CD.
Lanzarote scored 14 goals in the 2012–13 campaign with the Arlequinats, and on 5 February 2013 he agreed a deal with La Liga side RCD Espanyol, effective as of July. On 24 August he played his maiden game in the top flight debut, coming on as a late substitute and assisting Thievy for the last goal in a 3–1 home win against Valencia CF.
- El Oviedo fichará hoy al delantero Kiko y presenta a Lanzarote (Oviedo will sign forward Kiko today and presents Lanzarote); El Comercio, 31 January 2007 (Spanish)
- El Atlético Baleares presenta al catalán Manuel Lanzarote como su ´fichaje mediático´ (Atlético Baleares presents Catalan Manuel Lanzarote as its 'media signing'); Diario de Mallorca, 20 August 2010 (Spanish)
- Lanzarote: ´El proyecto no me convencía´ (Lanzarote: 'The project did not convince me'); Fútbol Balear, 2 September 2010 (Spanish)
- Manu Lanzarote se convierte en el quinto fichaje del Sabadell (Manu Lanzarote becomes Sabadell's fifth signing); Marca, 5 July 2011 (Spanish)
- El Sabadell gana desde el saque de esquina (Sabadell wins it from the corner); Marca, 27 August 2011 (Spanish)
- El Xerez vuelve a tirar una victoria por la borda (Xerez throws away another win); Marca, 26 October 2011 (Spanish)
- El Espanyol firma a Manu Lanzarote (Espanyol signs Manu Lanzarote); Marca, 5 February 2013 (Spanish)
- Manu Lanzarote, un fichaje con ilusión y hambre de Primera (Manu Lanzarote, a signing with illusion and hunger of Primera); El Confidencial, 18 June 2013 (Spanish)
- Espanyol battle back for victory; ESPN FC, 24 August 2013
- Espanyol grab controversial win; ESPN FC, 15 September 2013