Coal Handling Ropeway (supply of coal from Manugur open cast mine to Aswapuram Heavy Water Plant)
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Manuguru is a census town and mandal in Khammam district in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It comes under Mahaboobabad parliamentary constituency and Pinapaka Assembly constituency. Manuguru is an urban area, situated on the banks of Godavari River.
As of 2011[update] India census, Manugur had a population of 54,539. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Manugur has an average literacy rate of 62%, lower than the national average of 74.04%: male literacy is 72%, and female literacy is 52%. In Manuguru, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
The Manuguru town has a good Road and Railway Transport System.
The Manuguru town has good RTC facility.It has a bus depo named with Manuguru. Many buses were provided to Badrachalam, Khammam,Kothagudem, Hyderabad, Vijayawada, Vishakapatnam, Gunturu, Kanigiri, Tirupathi, Kakinada, Eluru, Miryalaguda . there is bus service. Well known for its fast services throughout the state named as TRISHULE.
- Though Manuguru bus depot is one of the profitable bus depots in the state. RTC buses connect all main towns and cities of Andhra Pradesh. Like coal mines, these buses are also one of the reason for the name 'MANUGURU' to become popular in the state.
The distance from Manuguru to Major cities in state: Hyderabad-345KM,Vijayawada-195. Many private travels like SVR, Kaleshwari provide AC/Non AC Volvo buses to state capital. ీ
- Secunderabad-Manuguru Superfast (Daily)9:45pm from manuguru.
- Manuguru railway station is 6 km away from the main town and is terminus of a Broad gauge branchline. Only one passenger train did its services to Secunderabad until 2009. In the year 2010 the number of trains commuting here is increased to 4. Electrification of this route was done in February 2008. The second class fare is about Rs.164.new superfast express train was started on Jan26th.it just 6 hours journey.with limited stops like kazipet,waragal.dornakal,kothagudem,manuguru.2nd class fare is 210.
|Train No||Train Name||Departure||Arrival||Journey Time|
|12752||SC Manuguru SuperFast Express||23:45||05.45||6 hours|
|326||Kakatiya Fast Passenger||18:40||04:30||10 hours|
|357||Manuguru - Kazipet Passenger||19.30||06.30||13 hours|
HEAVY WATER PLANT- ONE AND ONLY IN ASIA- PRODUCED WATER IS USED IN NUCLEAR REACTORS.
- Manuguru is one of the famous areas for the coal mines in the state. In Manuguru, the turnover for production of the coal is very high compared to other areas of Singareni.
In the year 1871, Dr. King of the Geological Survey of India discovered coal near the village of Yellandu in Khammam district and one of the important coal seams bore his name. The Hyderabad (Deccan) Company Limited incorporated in England acquired mining rights in 1886 to exploit coal found in Yellandu area. The present Company was incorporated on 23 December 1920 under the Hyderabad Companies Act as a public limited company with the name 'The Singareni Collieries Company Limited' (SCCL). It acquired all the assets and liabilities of the Hyderabad (Deccan) Co. Ltd. Best & Co., acted as Secretaries and Selling Agents. The State of Hyderabad purchased majority shares of the Company in 1945. From 1945 to 1949, the Hyderabad Construction Co., Ltd., was acting as Managing Agent. In 1949 this function was entrusted to Industrial Trust Fund by the then Government of Hyderabad. The controlling interest of the Company devolved on the Government of Andhra Pradesh in 1956 pursuant to the reorganization of States. Thus, the SCCL became a Government Company under the Companies Act in 1956.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Heavy Water Plant
- Heavy Water Plant at Manuguru
- Nuclear Knowledge Management - Heavy Water Plant at Manuguru