|Born||S. Abdul Hameed
15 March 1968
Thuvarankurichi, Trichy, India
|Pen name||Manushya Puthiran|
|Occupation||Poet, writer, lyricist, publisher (Uyirmmai)|
|Period||1968 – Present|
|Notable works||Pasitha Pozhuthu (2011), Adheethathin Rusi(2009)|
Manushya Puthiran (Tamil:மனுஷ்ய புத்திரன்) (born 1968) is a poet in Tamil Nadu. He was born as S.Abdul Hameed in Tiruchirappalli District district Thuvarankurichi. He began his literary career in early 80's and at a very young age of 16, his first poem got published. In 2002, he was awarded the Sanskriti National Award for his outstanding contribution to Tamil literature as an young writer.
Over the past two decades, several of his poems got published in popular Tamil Magazines like Ananda Vikatan, Kumudam, Kalki and Kalachuvadu. His political and topical columns are regular in Tamil periodicals such as Kungumam, Nakeeran and Tamil popular daily Dinamalar.
Early life and education
- "Started my schooling very late at the age of seven and I quit the school much earlier. This gave me ample time to see the fun around and dream. Having no constraints of fulfilling parent’s dreams , I drowned into my own dreams. My father and brothers brought books for me to kill the time. I reached an incredible world. On the whole, I was a pampered, spoiled useless but was growing as a Charismatic child. No much difference in that even now."
Completed his schooling in private, continued his first year degree in Bachelor of Arts through Distance Learning Programs, Annamalai University. Just not to miss the fun and experience of campus, from 2nd year onwards he started attending college. Later he did dual Master degree one in Mass Communication and other in History.
- Suriyanuku Arugil Oru Veedu (2013)
- Arundhappadatha Koppai (2013)
- Pasitha Pozhuthu (2011)
- Itharku Munbum Itharku Pinbum (2010)
- Adheethaththin Rusi (2009)
- Kadavuludan Piraarthithal(2007)
- Manalin Kathai(2005)
- Neeralaanathu (2001)
- Idamum Iruppum(1998)
- En Padukkai Araiyil Yaaro Olinthirukkiraargal (1993)
- Manushyaputhiran Kavithaigal (1983)
- Edhir Kural Part 4 – Kai Vitta Kolaik Kadavul (2013)
- Edhir Kural Part 3 – Kutramum Arasiyalum (2013)
- Edhir Kural Part 2 (2013)
- Nizhalgal Nadantha Paathai (2013)
- Dinosorgal Veliyerik Kondirukindrana (2013)
- Thondramarutha Deivam (2013)
- Edhir Kural Part 1 (2013)
- Enna Mathiriyana Kalathil Vaazhkirom (2009)
- Kaathiruntha Velaiyil (2003)
- Eppothum Vaalum Kodai (2003)
Other Literary Activities
Sujatha Awards for Literary Excellence
In the year 2010 Uyirmmai Padhippagam and The Sujatha Trust together organized a commemorative function at the New Woodlands Hotel in Chennai on Saturday, 27 February, the second death anniversary of Tamil literature icon Sujatha.
At the function, it was announced that the Sujatha Awards for excellence in literature would be given away every year in memory of the great writer. The awards will be given away in 6 categories, namely Best compilation of
- Short stories
- Collection of articles
- Best Little Magazine
- Best Website
The awards ceremony will be held on 27 Feb every year. The award will consist of a cash prize of Rs. 10000 and a citation.
- Sanscrithi Sammaan(2002) – Indian Govt award for Young Poets.
- Ilakkiya Sirpi award by American Ilayakkiya Nanbarkal Kuzhi 2003.
- The Indian Ministry of Social Justice awarded him with the "Best Individual Creativity" in the year 2004.
- Received the poetry award from The Tamil Literary Garden, Canada for 'Adheethathin Rusi'
- Manushya Puthiran was chosen as one of top 10 influential people of Tamil Nadu by India Today's for the year 2011 and 2010.
- For his Adheethathin Rusi poem collection, Manushya Puthiran has been awarded by Canada Tamil Ilakkiya Thottam, in the year 2011.The Tamil Literary Garden
- Kolappan, B. (27 January 2013). "Manushyaputhiran incurs wrath of Muslim body for death penalty views". The Hindu (Chennai, India).
- "Pankaj Mishra, Manushya Puthiran among Sanskriti awardees.". Press Trust of India. 27 November 2003. Retrieved 21 March 2009.