From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Mao/毛, 茅 etc.|
|Language(s) of origin||Chinese|
wikt:毛 originated from Ji (Chinese: 姬; pinyin: Jī), the clan name of Zhou Dynasty. 毛 is the 106th surname in the Hundred Family Surnames, and ranks 87th largest number of people with this surname in China(2007).
Notable people surnamed Mao
- Mao Jie, a minister to Cao Cao.
- Mao Wenlong, a commander of the Ming Dynasty.
- Mao Zedong, the founder of the People's Republic of China.
- Mao Yuanxin, nephew of Mao Zedong.
- Empress Mao
- Angela Mao, Taiwanese actress
- Mao Dun, pen name of a Chinese writer
- Mao Yisheng, a Chinese structural engineer.
- Mao Yushi, a Chinese economist, nephew of Mao Yisheng.
|This surname-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|