||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (September 2013)|
|Industry||GPS and Tracking System Manufacturing & Services|
|Founded||1995 (CE Info Systems Private Limited.)|
|Key people||Rakesh Verma, MD|
The company was founded in 1992, by Rakesh Verma and his wife, Rashmi Verma.In the mid 1990s, when no digital maps existed in India, they envisioned the immense benefits that geo-data could bring to governments, businesses, and individuals and set out on a mission to digitally map all of India.
MapmyIndia's Managing Director was elected by GPS Business News as the "World's GPS Businessman for the year 2007" and was honoured with the ‘Technovator of the year 2011’ Award by Voice & Data Magazine. MapmyIndia was recently awarded ‘Automotive Product of the Year 2011’ by ET Zigwheels Car & Bike awards and ‘Advisor/Product of the Year’ by Golden Steering Wheel Awards 2012 and ‘Navigation System of the Year 2012’ by Car India. MapmyIndia received other prestigious awards ‘Most Popular Geospatial Data Portal in India’ 2012 at IndiaGeospatial Leadership Forum, ‘Best Application of the year’ award at NDTV Gadget Guru Conclave 2012 and ‘Award Winner of 2012 in m-Travel and Tourism’ at The Billionth Award South Asia.
- NASSCOMM showcase company for Product Innovation
- Various Automotive awards for Product of the Year
- Auto Build award for Navigation Product
- GPS Business news award for CEO of the Year
- Geo Spatial award for building a Pan India mapping database
- Ability to search for house address
- Qualcomm Invests in MapmyIndia