|Traded as||TSE: MAPN1
|Industry||Heavy engineering and construction|
|Key people||Mousa Refan, Abbas Aliabadi|
|Products||Power plants; Gas and steam turbines, boilers, generators, transformers, auxiliary equipment. Locomotives|
MAPNA Group is a group of Iranian companies involved in construction and installation of energy production machinery, including boilers, gas and steam turbines, electrical generators, as well as industrial scale petroleum processing installations, railway locomotives and wind power. The company Iran Power Plant Projects Management Company (MAPNA) was founded in 1993 with the aim of developing indigenous knowledge production capacity for petroleum facilities, power plants and other industrial facilities, and as a contract management company.
Historically large scale industrial installation in Iran had been supplied by foreign companies on a turn-key basis; the Iran Power Plants Management Company (MAPNA) was created in February 1993 by Tavanir, IDRO and the Saba Investment Company to manage power plant, petroleum plant and railway projects. The group of companies was instrumental in developing Iranian manufacturing capacity of main and auxiliary equipment for power plants, and of plant construction. The company entered into licensing and technology transfer agreements for gas and steam turbines including turbine blades and control systems, Heat recovery steam generators, compressors and electrical generators as well as railway locomotives.
In 2005, the company was in the top dozen companies on the Tehran Stock Exchange, with a value of over $1 billion.By 2008, Mapna Group had built or was constructing over 60 projects of total value €17 billion, including power generation schemes with an installed capacity of more than 45GW representing 86% of Iran's internal electrical energy supply.
The company was the forth largest on the Tehran Stock Exchange by June 2010, with a market capitalisation of $2.6 billion. In October 2010, Mapna was given a contract for the supply of 1000MW of wind power capacity, as part of a government project to install 2.1GW of renewable energy capacity.
In 2012, the Iranian Offshore Oil Company signed a contract worth $6.6 billion, with MAPNA in order to develop the Forouz B gas field in the Persian Gulf, and generate electricity from the produced natural gas.
Company structure 
Engineering and Manufacturing (EMAN). The MAPNA Turbine Engineering & Manufacturing Co. (TUGA) is a manufacturer of gas and steam turbines for industrial and power generation applications, including V94.2 types, under license from Siemens and Ansaldo. MAPNA Turbine Blade Engineering & Manufacturing Co. (PARTO) manufacturers turbine blades including those for V94.2 and GE-F9 turbines. MAPNA Generator Engineering & Manufacturing Co. (Pars), and MAPNA Electric & Control Engineering & Manufacturing Co. are involved in the manufacture and design of generators, and control equipment respectively for power plants.
MAPNA Boiler Engineering & Manufacturing Co. (MBC), founded 1999 as MASBA, renamed in 2005, designs, manufactures and installs boilers including HRSG boilers in a technology transfer association with Doosan (S. Korea). The division also includes SEPAHAN Equipment Manufacturing Co. and MAPNA Equipment Engineering & Manufacturing Co..
Engineering and Construction. MAPNA Power Plant Construction and Development Co., MAPNA Combined Cycle Power Plant Construction and Development Co., and MAPNA Special Projects Construction and Development Co. are involved in the construction of gas turbine power plants, combined cycle power plants (i.e. gas turbine plus HRSG), and power plant for petroluem industries. MAPNA Engineering Co. (MONENCO Iran) is a design and consultancy company for utility projects. It was created as a joint venture between the Montreal Engineering Company and the Iranian state; the governments share was acquired by MAPNA in 1997, whilst Montral Engineering's share passed to AGRA and then AMEC with that company's acquisition history. The MAPNA Power Plant Erection Co. (NASBNIROO) undertakes construction of electrical transmission infrastructure, fuel storage tanks and other construction work.
Oil and Gas. The oil and gas division was created to extend the group's activities into petroleum plant construction, related engineering and consultancy and manufacturing. The subsidiary Neyrperse Co. petroleum industry plant infrastructure (storage tanks, piping) as well as other civil engineering construction including bridges, dams, and road construction. Two other subsidiares MAPNA Oil & Gas Development Co. (projects) and MEED Co. (Middle East Energy Development Co.) (oil well drilling) are associated.
Rail transportation. The company MAPNA Locomotive Engineering & Manufacturing Co. was created in 2006 to manufacturer passenger locomotives procured under a technology licensing agreement with Siemens.
Operation and customer services. The customer services division provides technical consulting services, sales and procurement of parts, documentation, financial and liasing services relating to the company's business.
See also 
- "Iran Power Plant Projects Management Co.". investing.businessweek.com. Bloomberg. Retrieved 26 June 2011.
"Mapna Group : Dedicated to Excellence". www.mapna.com. Mapna Group. June 2008.
"Mapna Group : Dedicated to Excellence". www.iccair.com. Mapna group. April 2011.
"Mapna Group (History)". www.mapna.com. Retrieved 26 June 2011.
- "Mapna Investments at 5bn Euros". www.iran-daily. 4 December 2008. Archived from the original on 16 December 2008.
- "Monthly Bulletin June 2010". www.iranbourse.com. Tehran Stock Exchange.
- "Construction of 1000 MW wind turbines has been released to MAPNA Co.". news.tavanir.org.ir. 18 October 2010.
- "Iran to ink $6.6 billion gas deal with domestic company", www.tehrantimes.com (Tehran Times), 4 February 2012
- "Company Profile". www.mapna.com. Mapna Group. Retrieved 26 June 2011.
- "Mapna Group (Engineering and manufacturing)". www.mapna.com. Retrieved 26 June 2011.
- "MAPNA Turbine Engineering & Manufacturing Co. >> TUGA". www.mapnaturbine.com.
- "Parto . Turbine Blade Engineering & Manufacturing Company". www.mapnablade.com (in Persian/English).
- "شركت مهندسي و ساخت ژنراتور مپنا / Mapna Generator Engineering and Manufacturing Company". www.mapnagenerator.com (in Persian / English).
- "Subsidiaries of Engineering & Manufacturing Division". www.mapna.com.
- "شرکت مهندسی و ساخت برق و کنترل مپنا". www.mapnaec.com (in Persian).
- "Mapna Boiler Engineering and Manufacturing Co.". www.mapnaboiler.com (in English / Persian). Profile / History. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- "Mapna Boiler engineering and manufacturing Company", www.mapnaboiler.com, retrieved March 2012
- "Mapna Group (Engineering And Construction)". www.mapna.com. Retrieved 26 June 2011.
- "Subsidiaries of Engineering & Construction Division". www.mapna.com. MAPNA.
- "Monenco Iran : Consulting Engineers". www.monenco.com.
- "Monenco Portal > About Us > History". www.monenco.com.
- "NASBNIROO Co.". www.nasbniroo.com (in English / Persian).
- "Mapna Group (Inverstment Projects)". www.mapna.com. Retrieved 26 June 2011.
- "Mapna Group (Oil and Gas)". www.mapna.com. Retrieved 26 June 2011.
- "Subsidiaries of Oil & Gas Division". www.mapna.com.
- "[[Neyrperse]] Co. (Mapna Group)". www.mapnanyp.com (in English / Persian). Wikilink embedded in URL title (help)
- "Mapna Group (Rail Transportation)". www.mapna.com. Retrieved 26 June 2011.
- "MAPNA Group : Rail transportation division". rail.mapnaexhibition.com. MAPNA. Retrieved 27 June 2011.
- "Mapna Group (Customer Services)". www.mapna.com. Retrieved 26 June 2011.