Mapperley is a village and civil parish in the Amber Valley district of Derbyshire, England, situated 7 miles (11 km) northeast of Derby and 2 miles (3 km) northwest of Ilkeston. In the 2001 census it had a population of 253.
Mapperley Colliery, which was in operation from 1871 until 1965, was formerly a major employer in the area.
- "GENUKI: Mapperley, Derbyshire". GENUKI. 2008-10-27. Retrieved 2009-11-17.
- "Full dataset view: Parish Headcounts: Amber Valley (Non-Metropolitan District)". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 2009-11-17.
- "Villagers concerned over response times of emergency crews". thisisderbyshire. Derby Telegraph Media Group. 2009-09-08. Retrieved 2009-11-17.
- "Mapperley". Derbyshire UK - Guide to Derbyshire and the Peak District. Derbyshire UK. 2007. Retrieved 2009-11-17.
- "Common & Countryside". Stanley and Stanley Common Parish Council. Retrieved 2009-11-17.
|This Derbyshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|