From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Maqam may refer to:
- MAQAM, a media company specializing in Arabic and Middle Eastern media
- Maqam, Iran, a village in Hormozgan Province, Iran
- Another name for a Mazar (mausoleum), a venerated structure in Middle Eastern folk religions
- Maqaam, spiritual stages in the Sufi path
- Arabic maqam, melodic modes in traditional Arabic music
- Mugham, a music tradition of Azerbaijani cultures
- Maqam al-iraqi, an Iraqi melodic system
- Weekly Maqam, prayer services of Sephardic Jewish culture
- Makam, a Turkish system of melody types
- Muqam, a melody type from Uyghur culture
- Shashmaqam, a musical genre typical of Tajikistan and Uzbekistan
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Maqam.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.